Double Heterozygous Blue Tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look AmAzInG jinj :D will be awesome to see what comes from crossing the bubs.. Good work!!

am stoked as for ya :D
x

Can you tell me your Facebook page name because when I click on the link it just takes me to Facebook and not your page.
Cheers

lol, on the fb page there are photos of them. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awkward.. Bluey************ lol Very nice looking Bluey***********

I'm surprised at the outcome. Very ordinairy looking babies, I didn't expect that at all. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in a few years. Nice work Joe.

I'm surprised at the outcome. Very ordinairy looking babies, I didn't expect that at all. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in a few years. Nice work Joe.

I am not surpised at all Peter..... they were always going to look like Black Hets (which are visibly darker) & also Het for Albino which is none visible ?? what did you think they would look like ?? its not until you breed the off-spring together that the results will be off the chart as both genes are recessive.... the babies produced will be as follows;

Normals
Albino Hets
Black Hets
Double Hets
Albinos
Blacks
Albinos that are also het for black
Blacks that are also het for albino
& the ultimate a double homo-zygous Hyper Melanistic Albino which should IMO be fluoro orange.

I also thought it was time to post the picture... cheers Joe

Attachments

• DSCF1408.jpg
    DSCF1408.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 313
I am not surpised at all Peter..... they were always going to look like Black Hets (which are visibly darker) & also Het for Albino which is none visible ?? what did you think they would look like ?? its not until you breed the off-spring together that the results will be off the chart as both genes are recessive.... the babies produced will be as follows;

Normals
Albino Hets
Black Hets
Double Hets
Albinos
Blacks
Albinos that are also het for black
Blacks that are also het for albino
& the ultimate a double homo-zygous Hyper Melanistic Albino which should IMO be fluoro orange.

I also thought it was time to post the picture... cheers Joe

Joe very exciting times - you must be so stoked! Just getting my head around all those traits? So is it my understanding that all this offspring in the photo will have the gene for all those you have mentioned? So now you will have from the above young when they grow and breed, you will have for example in the one clutch you will have a few blacks,a few pure albinos,a few hets of each etc etc? Is that right?

I was expecting some obvious variation in a proportion of them.

Joe very exciting times - you must be so stoked! Just getting my head around all those traits? So is it my understanding that all this offspring in the photo will have the gene for all those you have mentioned? So now you will have from the above young when they grow and breed, you will have for example in the one clutch you will have a few blacks,a few pure albinos,a few hets of each etc etc? Is that right?

yes mate potentially if a double help female when paired with a double het male if per say the litter contained 9 animals they could all be different and in line with the 9 different genetic possibilities described. The key point though is that Black Hets are visible.... Soooooo an albino that is also het for hyper Melanism will display significantly more colour than a standard albino... Just to highlight one of the different possibilities....... cheers Joe

- - - Updated - - -

I was expecting some obvious variation in a proportion of them.

That will definitely be the case when the bubs are bred back to one another..... As per the 9 different combinations described.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back