Albino Coastal Carpets?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there such a thing? Or is it still in development?

Albinos aren't really a development! There colours patterns etc are developed by selective breeding but in answer to your question as far as I'm aware there aren't any pure albino coastals but some people have crossed the albino Darwin with the coastal so there are coastal cross albinos out there now

If bred back enough to the Coastal so there is only a small % of Darwin, will the snake eventually be considered a Coastal again?

Just curious!

If bred back enough to the Coastal so there is only a small % of Darwin, will the snake eventually be considered a Coastal again?

Just curious!

If the albino trait comes from the darwin and a very high % coastal is still displaying the albino trait I would still consider it part darwin - no matter how much coastal it has in it it still obviously has at least some darwin genetics. That's just how I think about it. As long as it's still displaying the trait bred into it from another species I will always consider it a cross.

Ok - so Boxers were bred to Corgi's to introduce the bobtail gene, then back crossed etc etc until purebred Boxers were produced with a natural bobtail via genes not snippers. They aren't Boxer cross Corgi's anymore - so could/should the same not apply?

Purists will be never be happy with something that isn't 100%. I'm with you though Kitarsha. After the seventh generation of back crossing it's over 99% so I'd be happy to call it pure. Seven generations would take a few years though

It would certainly be an interesting project!! Not sure i'd have the patience for it so i was curious if anyone was mid or part way through...lol

Seen Coastal x Darwin bubs for around $800

Last edited:
once the albino trait has been back crossed till it is past 75% mark coastal and 25% darwin i doubt anyone could pick it same goes for the albino jungle breeding programs , i say yes there are coastal albinos around.

ahhh i think i found one, i thought they didnt exist, up untill i saw this pic from someone selling the hachling. they hachling is from an albino coastal x darwin(also albino i think). heres the url..
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/sale-snakes-43/albino-coastal-x-darwin-195546/

if you go through his threads, hatchies at the start of the year were bred from coastal x darwin hets
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/coastal-x-albinos-182452/

so nope still not an albino coastal

No such creature! If there are some being bandied around they WILL be darwin crosses!

The gene for albinism is not restricted to Darwin's. There are sure to be pure coastal albinos somewhere.

All you see advertised are likely to be Darwin crosses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back