Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are way better off buying hatchlings from reputable breeders and putting the time into growing them yourself.

Ricko;2276672 [COLOR=silver said:
- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Definitely listen to this as your guaranteed to breed anything you buy if what Caleb says is right next season. And how does someone prove that they are a breeding pair? give you there word? Unless buying off someone you fully respect and trust you will never ever know if they have been bred before.

Check the animals out and if they are healthy and lively go for it. Don't just go off the opinion of this site

well the picture i was sent was a gravid female. he is waiting for her to lay before he is selling. he is well known on the site i found them aswell.

I payed 5 years ago for my male NT BHP $1000, this year I bought him 2 females for $700 the pair. I bred one of the females this season which makes my investment $1350 spent on a pair, she produced a small clutch of 5 eggs. but in previous years asproduced 10 eggs max. depending on condition of your animal and size will depend on size of clutch produced. what ever I get back from selling babies will go towards a bigger incubator or some hatchy racks.

If you take a look at ahc and go to archive it shows average sale prices.

Google ahc reptiles

HAHAHA thanks. I managed to find it just before you replied. the prices on the BHP's have changed a bit.

Thanks,
Nellynake

- - - Updated - - -

I have just bought a breeding pair of Tanami Woma's :D the male looks awesome. the picture of the female didn't look so good because she was upside down. I'm hopefully picking them up today :D

Thanks,
Nellynake

Well I got them and they are awesome. The female is an uluru and the male is a male. She didn't produce any eggs this season but did last year. the female is a bit flighty but the male is so calm. I'm really looking forward to learning how to breed snakes but Womas especially. Hopefully they lay next year.

Have you bred snakes before? I want to know how you incubated your eggs if you have?

Thanks,
NellyNake

- - - Updated - - -

Well I got them and they are awesome. The female is an uluru and the male is a male. She didn't produce any eggs this season but did last year. the female is a bit flighty but the male is so calm. I'm really looking forward to learning how to breed snakes but Womas especially. Hopefully they lay next year.

Have you bred snakes before? I want to know how you incubated your eggs if you have?

Thanks,
NellyNake

i'm sitting here looking at the price of roughies in Australia.....

the first legal pair of roughies arrived in Europe roughly a year ago,when they go on to breed them, hatchlings will be put up for sale,they will cost thousands of pounds/euro's each

oh to live in Australia 8)

you guys have ALL the good stuff :D

cheers shaun

Worth is a relative term, if no one is willing to buy something it is worth nothing. Prices paid for any item is determined by availability, cost of production and what the market is prepared to pay. As more people breed expensive breeds the market becomes flooded and prices fall, you only have to look at the price drop in albino Darwins and GTP hatchlings over the past few years.

Congratulations Nelly they are great snakes how much did you get the pair for?

I got the pair for $800. plus an enclosure. They look amazing. I will post some pics.

Thanks,
Nellynake

i'm sitting here looking at the price of roughies in Australia.....

the first legal pair of roughies arrived in Europe roughly a year ago,when they go on to breed them, hatchlings will be put up for sale,they will cost thousands of pounds/euro's each

oh to live in Australia 8)

you guys have ALL the good stuff :D

cheers shaun

Any idea where those roughies legally were imported from?
Because it's still perfectly ILLEGAL to export our native fauna here...

Why don't the images work?
Click on the Go Advance option below and manage your attachments from there

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea where those roughies legally were imported from?
Because it's still perfectly ILLEGAL to export our native fauna here...
Possibly from America? I'm still having a look at the CITES listings to see if that was even legal..

Click on the Go Advance option below and manage your attachments from there.

i found a site i can upload to and the click and drag :D

- - - Updated - - -

PA1Sl.jpg

61Hor.jpg

ysqVV.jpg

bJw5n.jpg

mstFr.jpg

Here they are :D The male as stunning colours

Thanks,
Nellynake

They're both awesome..the male especially is really nice looking - congratulations!! :)

Are you housing them together?

No i'm not housing them together. Because I want to breed, I think they won't breed as well if I house them together. But they do have the exact same terrain in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back