Ignore list - a nifty tool

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After watching a few threads blow out of proportion because folks don't know when it's best to not hit the submit button, I thought it may be an idea to bring a nifty forum tool to folks attention who may not be aware of it.

Under everyone's profile (except your own) there is an option on the left under the persons profile picture to Add to Ignore List which will hide the persons forum posts from you. The next screen will ask you to confirm your choice with a yes or no option. If you ever need to remove folks from your ignore list, follow the same process but choose Remove from Ignore List.

Just be aware that you will miss any posts that the person will make so if they do have something worthwhile to contribute, you will not see it. If its a once off thing, remember that there is the report function but that should not be used if you only disagree with what the person is saying.

Mods or Admin, please feel free to remove this if you believe it to be invalid or unnecessary, I'm just hoping it may help with some of the threads we see go so far off track, McGuyver with a GPS couldn't get it back on point.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Oh sweet jesus thankyou, no more annoying as hell dumb 13 year olds.:p

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sweet jesus thankyou, no more annoying as hell dumb 13 year olds.:p

I tried that once but it causes too much discontinuity if you are participating in threads that people on your ignore list are. It also shows that they've commented and just hides what they write so curiosity always got the better of me and I'd open their comment to see what ridiculous drivel they'd written

hey sniper (tests to see if im on his ignore list ;) )

it is a nice little tool to help you ignore the tools ;) :) but as you said the only down side is if that person has posted something worth seeing you wont see it , i have pondered adding a few people to my ignore list but at the end of the day its only a forum , i can just skim over the crap i dont care for

Hey I can't seem to find this option under Monitors_R_Us profile pitcher please help.

Hey I can't seem to find this option under Monitors_R_Us profile pitcher please help.

Perhaps that's because he's already put YOU on HIS ignore list? I can see it when I click on your profile and his, no worries.

'+1 mate' I don't know exactly what this means?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you 'Snipercap and Womafan' it seems to have worked. I may take him of in future it's just recently he has been just annoying me and not giving me any advice.

Last edited:
Hahaha ,but seriously what dose it mean in simple terms please,

That's because his pitcher is full of water in the fridge but you might find it with a closer look under his picture. Ooooh I have been so tempted with some... :twisted: I don't want to think how many ignore lists Ive been added to. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back