Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Gruni, adore all the photos mate, hope you've got some more to post. Just thought I should let you know that 'Leaftail' is actually a Robust Velvet Gecko though.

Ah, I'll let dad know. He has gone to quite a bit of trouble to ID them for his album.

I think that will be all. I can get pics of other wildlife though like eagles etc, just that this pretty much does it for the herps. :)

You have some great pics there buddy, well done

LMAO... that 'leaftail' is actually one of my pics that I sent dad for his collection and is another shot of the one in the first lot of pics. :lol:

Might have to check the last one aswell :p

Feel free to give me a correction on the ID. I was just taking dad's word for his research.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep just Goggled it and it definitely isn't a Bynoe's Gecko... anyone got a correct answer for me? :oops:

Might have to check the last one aswell :p

I totally missed the name on that one, I don't know what that is, but I know it isn't a gecko xD

LMAO... that 'leaftail' is actually one of my pics that I sent dad for his collection and is another shot of the one in the first lot of pics. :lol:

Don't you love it when that happens! I hate it when I take a photo of something but then when I look at it again (the photo) I can't tell what it is :rolleyes:

Cheers Ads, Bluetongue1 pm'd me with some info about one of the others too so I'll edit the headings on the pics shortly. Apparenty the Tommy Roundhead is a female who has just dug out the burrow so she can lay eggs. Dad seems to have a knack for finding stuff like that as the EWD is also in full colour ready for breeding.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I pass on the corrections to dad as he keeps a record of all his pics.

the skink thats labeled an eastern water skink is the exact type i have living in my front yard , i was told they where golden bar skinks? probably wrong though :oops:, the funny thing is though that there isnt any large bodies of water anywhere near by and they have clearly made a colony as theyve been there for years in large numbers

Dad said that up in Logan/Brisbane everyone calls them Coppertail Skinks, but I just Googled some images and the Coppertails have a defined stripe down their flank where as the Eastern Wter Skink has a speckled side which dad's example clearly has. I cant even get a hit searching for Golden Bar Skink, at best I get a Golden Skink and it is very different.

Dad said that up in Logan/Brisbane everyone calls them Coppertail Skinks, but I just Googled some images and the Coppertails have a defined stripe down their flank where as the Eastern Wter Skink has a speckled side which dad's example clearly has. I cant even get a hit searching for Golden Bar Skink, at best I get a Golden Skink and it is very different.
yea ive never been able to find anything on golden bar skinks myself , which is why i think the name i was always told was wrong , there the exact same as the skink you've shown but with the goldy yellow stripe either side then spots or freckles below it with the same bronze top , ive been watching them a bit lately they've got some funny little quirks , im constantly seeing them doing this head buzz thing not sure what they do it for though

Maybe you should get a good pic of one and chuck it up for an ID it may not be an Eastern Water Skink.

Maybe you should get a good pic of one and chuck it up for an ID it may not be an Eastern Water Skink.
problem with that is my sisters got the cannon with her in bali until my mum goes over in january so all ive got is a crappy phone camera , your pic is pretty clear and identical to the ones i see so unless theres to different types that are near identical (which is also very possible) id say there the same

Most of my pics are just taken with my 8MPX Olympus point and shoot and dad's werent taken with anything overly flash either. My Galaxy Phone has and 8MPX camera so it actually takes good photos.

Most of my pics are just taken with my 8MPX Olympus point and shoot and dad's werent taken with anything overly flash either. My Galaxy Phone has and 8MPX camera so it actually takes good photos.
yea this is just a Nokia thats been through hell and back , trust me the pics it takes are CRAP , we've got a little point and shoot around somewhere it just doesn't get used since we've had the cannon 50d , ill see if i can find it

Some great shots there mate enjoyed looking through those.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

With what you were saying about the popularity of BHP's in the UK, the one on the walking track is a great example of the contrast of patterns as he is probably the darkest one I have seen so far.

I think you'll like the new pics too the Mertens monitor is a bit of a stunner. :)

Eastern or Golden Water Skink Eulamprus quoyii is what is pictured. While they are found more commonly near water bodies it is not essential.

Copper tailed Skinks Ctenotus taeniolatus are striped, smaller than E. quoyii and live in generally drier locations. Having said that I have found both sp within 100m of each in Logan and Greenbank.

cheers
scott

Eastern or Golden Water Skink Eulamprus quoyii is what is pictured. While they are found more commonly near water bodies it is not essential.

Copper tailed Skinks Ctenotus taeniolatus are striped, smaller than E. quoyii and live in generally drier locations. Having said that I have found both sp within 100m of each in Logan and Greenbank.

cheers
scott
cheers ive probably been told they where golden water skinks than my mind just added the bar part for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back