Frilled Dragon Tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReptileBoy

Reaction score
hi

i want to get a frilled dragon what size tank do you need for an adult one if i have to build a custom tank i can but how big does it have to be??
please anser:lol::rolleyes:;):x:?:p:eek::shock::|:oops::evil::(:):D

at least 1.5m high
1.5 long and 1m wide
theyre lovers of height, thats a must
do you have any other dragons at the moment?

Height rather than width, Stephs measurements are about right but if your going for more than one more space is better as they are territorial.
They require different lighting and requirements as a bearded dragons so have a look at the care sheet by Paul and Tony on the HerpShop.

did u know its illegal to take animals from the wild, and you should give ur bearded dragon more things in his tank but other than that good vids :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1 i saved racer from a bird (eastern water skink) and iv tried to let him go but and he just came back and sat at the door for 2 hours so he wants to stay and secondly i got my frogs from a mate who said he saved them i dont know if he got them from the wild

Saving from the wild is different from taking from the wild. Saving, you are treating the animal of critical wounds and injuries or re homing it from a place that could endanger it's life (Such as a city or town where there are feral cats, etc that can endanger its life) in a situation where re-homing isn't an option. This also requires a rescue permit, I do believe which makes sure you are fit to care for the animal.
Taking, you are depriving a healthy animal of its freedom just for your own needs. Taking is un-necessary and is only done because a person wants to own an animal and is to lazy or to much of a scab to go out and purchase a captive bred specimen. ANd of course it is illegal.

I agree with what stephensii said. Those measurements will be fine. Frilled Dragons love to climb! The higher you can provide, the better IMO. Make sure you give him alot of nice logs,branches, sticks and secured rocks to climb on :)
Agreed with the above, a quick google search of care sheets and a look on HerpTrader/HerpShop should have you almost set!
Good luck with your new guy when you get him!

1 i saved racer from a bird (eastern water skink) and iv tried to let him go but and he just came back and sat at the door for 2 hours so he wants to stay and secondly i got my frogs from a mate who said he saved them i dont know if he got them from the wild

so what. its still illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with what stephensii said. Those measurements will be fine. Frilled Dragons love to climb! The higher you can provide, the better IMO. Make sure you give him alot of nice logs,branches, sticks and secured rocks to climb on :)
Agreed with the above, a quick google search of care sheets and a look on HerpTrader/HerpShop should have you almost set!
Good luck with your new guy when you get him!

and of course make sure you have a licence and that you legally acquire it.

I am quite sure he doesn't want to stay. it's illegal and if someone reports you you're in big trouble.
Please don't take any animals from the wild. It's unnecessary, cruel and plain stupid as it's illegal.
Measurements as stated above are good but don't make it much smaller. They're a big territorial lizard and need space.
Do a heap of research first though and buy off a reputable breeder......

research ive done on frillies is i wouldnt reccomend them with out some type of experience like on water dragons or somthing big enough that likes the space if you go to herpshop they have a good guide on keeping them and cover it all from memory.

ok ill let them go but still he dident leave and he was in a stormwater drain with a bird trying to get him but i will release him him the wild

ok ill let them go but still he dident leave and he was in a stormwater drain with a bird trying to get him but i will release him him the wild
i honestly dont care if you keep him, im just saying you shouldn't be advertising that you are keeping an animal you took from the wild on youtube and APS

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly dont care if you keep him, im just saying you shouldn't be advertising that you are keeping an animal you took from the wild on youtube and APS

A frilly would be awesome man!

- - - Updated - - -

A frilly would be awesome man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back