Where do your snakes hide?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shapez

Reaction score
Ever had your snake escape? Where did it go?

or where are there favorite spots?

I got a striped coastal Hatching

And after my friends close encounter with losing his, I'd like to already map out my plan

In my couch in between the cracks of the cushions, tiny little houdini's when they are small :evil:

I would love to see the little one pretend to be a Christmas decoration! Can't stay mad at the fast little cuties huh :)

:rolleyes: Talk about the 'great esacape' ;)
When I open the door to my macs enclosure, Clyde always tries to race out the door..... so I just opened the door and sat on the bed to see where he would go...... he just stuck half of his body out.... looked around the corner..... then went back in :shock: (a real hero) :lol:
Haha aw that's so cute though, it's like he's looking for anything and everything, and suddenly turns to "Nope, not going out there"" :lol:

In my couch in between the cracks of the cushions, tiny little houdini's when they are small :evil:

Same! My Coastal nearly got stuck down there once, every time I have him out if we're anywhere near the couch he will try to get down the back inbetween the crack the little bugger haha

Same! My Coastal nearly got stuck down there once, every time I have him out if we're anywhere near the couch he will try to get down the back inbetween the crack the little bugger haha

How ridiculous is it taking all of your pillows off and trying to get them!! I have a huge L shaped lounge, I'm guessing would sit at least 9 people! I'm so glad I got him quickly or he would have probably been lost for a while:shock:

The worst thing is when they go right INSIDE furniture :rolleyes: I have heard of people on here having to cut the back cloth out of thier lounge to get thier python out :shock:

One of them was an antique armchair with expensive upholstery. :facepalm:

I caught mine twisted around the inner workings of my fold out catch when i let him roam

And then he proceeded to become a chrismas decoration

I went to sleep watching television with my girl wrapped around my shoulders 1 night last year and when i woke up she was gone, took me 6 hours to find her but she had not gone far, she had slipped inside my recliner and was entwined around the scissor action for the back of the recliner, seeing as how the recliner was near new i did not feel like copping my wife's wrath for cutting a hole in it so it then took me a further 4 hours to coax her out with a chicken neck, i don't get too comfortable on the lounge with her anymore just in case.

Last edited:
Id be scared shirtless that the scissor action would... well scissor action the snake! :shock:

Id be scared shirtless that the scissor action would... well scissor action the snake! :shock:

Damned lucky it didn't as it was reclined when she went in there and when i sat up the back came forward, i/she was very lucky

My spotted got out a few times due to my dad (And sometimes me...) not closing the enclosure properly :evil:
She hid first in a wicker chair which I had to cut open because she got right in the little tube of the leg *sigh* MUm wasn't too happy when she came open to the chair with 3 legs....and one completely decapitated :p
The second time she slid out my room and into the lounge room where the rats were!!!! Poor girl got a hiding from my big male :( Got a bit mad at dad that night when I came home from camp but oh well, he did everything he could and got all her cuts healed up! Bless his heart for that :)
Other times she just climbs all over my soft toys near the enclosures :D

My Bredli and jungle's enclosures have locks so they have never got out. My spotted is in a click clack.

Well i did find one of my 8 ft diamonds 300 m up the road 6 mths after she escaped out of the avairy while I was overseas. Got the call and there she was terrorising the poor neighbours. Never found one of my red bellies though. Another redbelly escaped and I found it under another enclosure, and I thought stuff it, I'll get it when I get back from the surf, and then I couldn't find it, My young fella found it had climbed up to the top of some enclosures and was hanging up there 2 m off the ground. Then there was the day when I had a 9 ft diamond out sunning in the vege garden and I forgot she was there and went shopping with my missus when we got the call from my daughter that she was in the snake shed climbing over everything smashing stuff. By the time we got back she was curled up asleep on the incubator.
Oh yeah and there was one time a 7ft coastal I owned lived in the wall my truck for a week (it got out of a bag). My missus got in the truck to reverse it out of the garage and when she turned back from looking over her shoulder its head was inches from her face. It was curled up on the dash and had stretched out to her while she was backing the troopy out.

Last edited:
Well i did find one of my 8 ft diamonds 300 m up the road 6 mths after she escaped out of the avairy while I was overseas. Got the call and there she was terrorising the poor neighbours. Never found one of my red bellies though. Another redbelly escaped and I found it under another enclosure, and I thought stuff it, I'll get it when I get back from the surf, and then I couldn't find it, My young fella found it had climbed up to the top of some enclosures and was hanging up there 2 m off the ground. Then there was the day when I had a 9 ft diamond out sunning in the vege garden and I forgot she was there and went shopping with my missus when we got the call from my daughter that she was in the snake shed climbing over everything smashing stuff. By the time we got back she was curled up asleep on the incubator.
Oh yeah and there was one time a 7ft coastal I owned lived in the wall my truck for a week (it got out of a bag). My missus got in the truck to reverse it out of the garage and when she turned back from looking over her shoulder its head was inches from her face. It was curled up on the dash and had stretched out to her while she was backing the troopy out.

haha uve had your fair share of escapees ! I think the red bellys should be put in maximum security cells haha, no way would i just "get it when i get back from the surf"

Don't vens have to be in a secure enclosure? Makes me feel a bit anxious knowing how carefree your attitude is about your escaping red belly blacks.:|

my Het darwin escaped in the
middle of the night once woke up and he was sitting on the windowsill behind the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back