geckodans Guide to Australian monitors in captivity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerman

Reaction score
Any feedback/ critique of Danny Browns varanid book? Im a bit surprised there does not seem to be anything here

Great book, there was a thread when it came out from memory. Heaps of good info in there, especially for those new to monitors. Great photos & species descriptions, really good detail of health issues & heaps of husbandry info. This book & the Eric Pianka book are essential for Varanid nuts.

If you are comparing it to Pianka / Kings book then it must be good. cheers

I got Danny Browns Guide To Australian Dragons In Captivity for my partner,she loves it,so much information,being a newbie with her Beardie...

If you are comparing it to Pianka / Kings book then it must be good. cheers

It's different to the Pianka/King book (Varanoid Lizards of the World is the one I'm referring to) in that it targets Australian monitors & has a wealth of husbandry info in it, it also has better quality photos. The Pianka/King book has more 'technical' info on the species & better locality info, although much of it may now be outdated as it's nearly 10 years old. Both are awesome books & a must if you're into monitors.

I really like it ...but then again I am biased too.

The info is well laid out, clear and illustrated well. There really is no comparison for Australian Monitors that stands close to it for the audience it is aimed at.

Cheers,
Scott

I really like it ...but then again I am biased too.

The info is well laid out, clear and illustrated well. There really is no comparison for Australian Monitors that stands close to it for the audience it is aimed at.

Cheers,
Scott

Good to hear Scott

Cheers,
Scott

I will be able to review come Boxing Day....

My copy is under the tree also:).

Eidenmuller and Daniel Bennett's books are also a must for the Library I.M.O, and dont forget Mike Swans publication.

Me too although I am getting Scott's elapid and colubrid book. Purchased from Danny of course but not signed unfortunately. Kids are giving it to me although they will probably read it as much as me.

I got the dragon and snake books for my birthday. Haven't read the snake one yet. The dragon one was really good, there were a couple of things I disagreed with and a couple of things I do differently but all in all I thought it was a great book. I found the areas on sexing dragons really useful and it was fun running round trying to sex my young dragons that I am still not sure about. Really looking forward to reading the snake one and getting the gecko one for Christmas and the rest in the new year.

Butters I think Danny has some signed ones

Me too although I am getting Scott's elapid and colubrid book. Purchased from Danny of course but not signed unfortunately. Kids are giving it to me although they will probably read it as much as me.

You definately got a signed one.

Best varanid publication regarding captive maintenance of Australian monitors.

Woohoo thanks for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I only got back home today and whilst doing the Xmas eve present wrapping found I am getting Scott's snake book as well as all of Danny's books.

I may be AWOL for at least a week while I read them all!!

Thanks Danny and Wendy for getting them here before Xmas.

Well if you are like me you would be with a book in hand but at first glance what are your thoughts on the books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back