Warning read this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a well established edict amongst Aussie story tellers... Never let the truth get in then way of a good story!

Blue

Huh. I never understood the reason people keep vens until this thread. I mean, it does seem like a death wish. But I think I get it now.
Its not so much about the risk that gets people interested in it, but the respect for the animal?

Until now I had never thought I'd be keen on vens. But from this, I think they're surely an option for the distant future. Though to be honest, I'd be making an airlock-esque rat relocation chamber to get the food into the tank from safely on the other side of 4" pine...

Huh. I never understood the reason people keep vens until this thread. I mean, it does seem like a death wish. But I think I get it now.
Its not so much about the risk that gets people interested in it, but the respect for the animal?

Until now I had never thought I'd be keen on vens. But from this, I think they're surely an option for the distant future. Though to be honest, I'd be making an airlock-esque rat relocation chamber to get the food into the tank from safely on the other side of 4" pine...

yup! i always said id never own vens but once you start to develop an interest and somewhat, understanding. they become very attractive... its really simple. Just don't get bitten and everything is fine! lol :)

Have you ever watched a RBB or a Copperhead or a Tiger Snake in nature? I could extend list on and on but there is no need. These animals are beautiful to observe and intriguing in their behaviour, from their movements to their interactions with their environment. A thing of beauty to those that appreciate it. To be able to observe and appreciate this beauty through having a captive specimen is a logical step for those besotted by specific animals. The desire is no different to those that keep lizards or non-venomous snakes. There are clearly some added precautions with venomous snakes which need to be adhered to. But the basic fascination in a given species is no different.

Having said, I believe there is a very small minority of ven keepers who do so for the ‘macho’ image it promotes. These are individuals that the hobby would be better off without. They are far from representative of what reptile keeping is all about.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back