Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the look of black enclosures but this will make things difficult to see, like when it comes to the possibility of mites and at least you can see if you have missed anything when cleaning and so on. And the white melamine is the cheapest...

Dont kid yourself all mine are white... and it seems like mine never get clean no matter how long you spend...

Note to self next time get black cages....

This is mine, nothing special but it's home. I've installed a new viv since then and a filter system for the water dragons :D
ynutabu9.jpg

Still gotta flush the walls and install a new roller door. But till then this is it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice room mate, is that the water dragons enclosure on the left hand wall? big class one how old is your water dragon and how big is he and the measurements of his enclosure?
And can he live in that size for his life time?

Cheers Caleb.

Yeah Caleb it is. It's about 1250 x 700 x 900 full glass with removable half glass top. It's quite a good size. It has 2 (maybe) male dragons in it and they are 2 years old. Before I get told off I know they will need to be separated one day but they get along so so well. Does anyone know when they hit sexual maturity?
I keep a close eye on them for bickering

This week I put a large canister filter in their tank with a 52ltr water tub. At this point it's for testing purposes but its working well so I'm going to put a glass divider right up to the glass track and have half glass and half coir peat.

I think it would do 1 dragon for life as they spend all their time in the branches but it might be pushin it for 2? We will see

5ysatary.jpg

Ill get some new snaps tonight of the new set up :)
ahe5e2az.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay cheers mate appreciate it, just won't to starting getting ideas on how big of a enclosure ill have to have for a full grown water dragon as i have a baby one at the moment does any one no the required measurements for a full grown water dragons enclosure?

Cheers Caleb.

Dont kid yourself all mine are white... and it seems like mine never get clean no matter how long you spend...

Note to self next time get black cages....

I dont seem to have any trouble with the white malamine... i also like the way the light illuminate the enclosures too.

- - - Updated - - -

Its hard to see in your photos how big that room really is, but those scrubbie vivs are huge.

Yeh mate. The two Scrubbie enclosures are 1530mm wide 800mm deep and 1200mm high. The only issue i have with them is that the glass is soo difficult to take out when doing full cage cleans. Maintaining ambient temps sucks a lot of juice too... :)

My baby room is heated and can hold about 500 pythons for their first year. After that they go into standard cages with glass fronts 4 foot long. big snakes get two cages joined together with a port-hole.

Attachments

• IMGP1560.jpg
    IMGP1560.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 777
  • snakefarmer 280308 009.jpg
    snakefarmer 280308 009.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 675
Hey Wokka have you got a room view ? Like a picture that's not so close. Looks like a great setup with alot of pythons to...

snakefarmer 280308 009.jpg
The tape tabs are attached to sliding doors between the two cages. They can be used to isolate animals one side or the other for cleaning etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back