Lets talk business..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for cleaning up the mess guys :) Why is it always my threads .. haha

Im going to be looking and doing alot of research on which designer carpets would be the best investment for me, taking into consideration everyones support and suggestions.

Thanks again everyone!

Lately i have found myself looking more and more into breeding pythons and was wondering is this an expensive hobby to get into or is there money made from it ?... just want to know if you make enough to sustain and potentially grow and expand as a "Buisness" (I use that word very loosely) or if you're waiting on your next pay check from your day job to spoil yourself with a new snake?

Any input is appreciated and please do keep it on topic...
re: breeding pythons, it depends on the species and individual specimens that comprise your founder stock. It's an expensive hobby to get into if you buy expensive, premium animals. Regardless of your desires, make sure that feel able to look after the species well. Don't expect to make a profit. If you can break-even with any species you're doing well.
For the overwhelming majority of keepers it's just a hobby. Many of us are passionately interested in our subjects and it's the passion and discovery that is the reward. There are very few people that make a profitable business out of it.

I've started to day dream about getting some premium macs to breed (for myself intially).

Breeding albino, melanistc and striped macs seems ideal for a first time breeder in QLD.

Obviously a day dream though...

Last edited:
I've started to day dream about getting some premium macs to breed (for myself intially).

Breeding albino, melanistc and striped macs seems ideal for a first time breeder in QLD.

Obviously a day dream though...

"Dreams" are defined by personal opinions of capability ;) that seems very realistic & i wish you all the best

Variety, I would say if you already have enclosures and things, just get a pair of what you want to breed and have a crack at it. The only way you will find out for sure all the ins and outs and work out whether it is what you want to do and whether it is worth doing.

Just remember, there will be no return until you have a successful clutch, which may take a year or two....

All the best

you can make money of breeding pythons, breed expensive pythons that sell for over $600 each compaired to breeding childrens pythons who sell for $120 is the easiest way. but for me i will try to breed my childrens python for the love of it.

get solar panels hooked up to run all your tanks
use heat cords their cheaper and wont drain up so much power if its run by solar power
breed your own rats/ mice
use paper substrate
make your own incubator and hatchie racks if you can
also make your own enclosures if you can

i hope to start breeding a few different breeds of pythons, dragons and geckos as a hobby and its something i love. i bought a large solar panel that i am gonna use to run all my tanks, so i wont have electricity to worry about. but i will still use heat emitters with all adult snakes but not with hatchies i will use a heat cords for hem.

I'm assuming rule no.1 as a breeder is to tell everyone it doesn't make you money = less breeders more money for you!!! Hot damn im a genius :D!

If I were a business I would have gone bankrupt years ago those that make money well done I keep buying more animals more food kids hate me selling baby's and want one of everything no wonder I have no money but I do enjoy what I do and now my kids have taken an interest in reptiles and help me out which is priceless so of to work Monday to pay the bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back