building my first click-clack and vivarium.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe87

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This weekend I build my first click-clack and started staining my vivarium. All I need now is a heat mat, a thermostat and of course my snake. I have a name for him now as well, Hisskers is what he will be called. viv 2.jpgviv 1.jpgclick clack 2.jpgclick clack 1.jpgviv3.jpg
i'm very happy for feed back for throw some at me.
thank Zoe

Be aware that type and size tub that the middle part of the lid is quite loothrough snakes can get there head up and push hard enough to squeeze through

Yes exactly right ozimid, thats what mine did and had to go buy a more secure click clack

Yep already thought of that, I'm going to be using clamps on those long edges. like the kind you use to hold bits of wood together while gluing and the likes.

You could drill holes in it and put couple of small bolts the ones with the wing nut tops. To secure the lid.

Definitely want to make sure that click clack is 100% secure! Don't want to lose your snake after the first day! Looking good so far ;) What snake are you getting btw?

Last edited:
That's an awesome idea Gonemad I didn't even think of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting a Murray Darling. Yeah there is definitely no way I want to lose my Hisskers on the first day. Even though I'm 100% sure my step kids wont touch the cage or the snake I want it all to be kid and snake proof.

WHat I did with my large click clakc as it only had clips on each end was to drill holes one one side and tie off with cable ties to creat "hinges". On th eother side I put on a padlock ot stop anyone opening it.

Picture attached (I don't use this tub anymore so mocked it up so you get the idea. You could even use a lock on either side for easier removal of the lid.View attachment 276306

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go

P1010019.jpg

or put an old belt around the guts of the click clack.... 50c at vinnies
i was thinking something like that but with a tight occy strap. i want something pretty secure as i said ive got kids in the house and i dont trust them so i like the idea of the wingnuts as they can go on pretty tight without the kids getting them off

I'd just drill a hole on either side then shoot down to bunnings and buy a pair of matching keyed padlocks, You can get them pretty cheap and it is definate insurance that the kids aren't going to get into the click clack or anybody else for that matter.

You could drill holes in it and put couple of small bolts the ones with the wing nut tops. To secure the lid.
That's a great idea. I use Velcro, every time I go to open there tubs it makes a loud sound. I think it startles them as every time they are ready for a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back