Bushfires and heatwaves

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Most of Australia has been affected by heatwaves recently and there's more to come.
Bushfires have devastated Tasmania in the last few days with record high temperatures and hot, dry winds.
Our hearts go out to our fellow Aussies that are suffering at the moment.
Fires in Tasmania may have claimed lives

It's hot and horrible here, but my heart goes out to the fire fighters and the loved ones that maybe missing and their pets. Really sad!

Absolute cudos to the fire fighters..... they are a breed apart!

I feel sorry for wildlife that gets caught between fire fronts and back burning, as well as the people and thier pets..... goes to show, having a bushfire plan is a good thing to organise in advance.....

Yeah it's been pretty hot in port stephens, reptile lights/mats have been switched off and they all seem to be quite happy.

Firefighters are amazing for what they do! they really need a massive pay rise!
i hate hot weather unless im overseas some where tropical!

all my heat for my reps are turned off as the snake room got to around 28-30c the other day! not looking forward till tuesday 43c :|

Last edited:
The fires have been mentioned frequently on our news, I can only begin to imagine how devastating they must be when everything is so tinder dry.

Endeavour

Yeah, it's pretty shocking mate but it's not unusual for Oz.
Many areas are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

I feel sorry for all those that work outside under severe conditions. Due to OH&S with skin cancer ill be covered head to toe sweltering in whatever temps hit during summer.

As for the fires, I can't believe the number of people that stay behind to try and protect their homes. Money is 1 thing human life is another

Firefighters are amazing for what they do! they really need a massive pay rise!

All firefighters are a unique bunch of selfless individuals considering they work harder in summer, have to wear all the protective gear and go and do battle with firing infernos, then there's the CFS volunteers - they do it for FREE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back