show us your scrubbys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalicious

Reaction score
so i cant help but notice there are no scrub python threads? unless I've managed to miss them. If so could someone post the link? or lets get one started. It seems a shame not to have a thread for such an awesome snake.

can someone explain to me why scrubbies are referred to as M. Kinghorni some places and M. Amethystina in others?

Sweet! Love your scrubby Joemal!!! I'd love a scrubbie but we don't have enough space :(

I was hoping you'd help kick this one off Joemal, Thanks for the photos. Im hoping to pick up a scrubby this season, i can't wait

Now everybody no need to be shy and not throw up some albino scrubby pics :D We won't all hate you if you do put one up!

i dont think there is any albino scrubbies there was one awhile ago that was posted for sale at a diff site but pretty sure its fake

Albino scrubby??? Do they exist in captivity??? I guess someone has one next to their albino lacy....

can someone explain to me why scrubbies are referred to as M. Kinghorni some places and M. Amethystina in others?

Morelia kinghorni is the Australian species while amethistina is the PNG species. Until a few years back they were thought, by many, to be the same species.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the PNG vs Australian scrubs, you can see a difference, both are great snakes, but i much prefer the Aussie scrubs haha

There is at least one albino scrub python in private hands in NSW, the keeper doesn't use any online forums as far as i know.

so I'm guessing that would put her well above 10 kilos in weight? That's awesome, my biggest snake weighs less than what you feed your scrubby.... :lol:

She is not the best snake to try and get weights and measures on but early last year she weighed in at 13kgs and just under 14 ft and has only turned 4 yr old so she is only a baby yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back