Weight loss Succses

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the body trim system. It's overmarketed to hell but it really does work. Basically no sugar and very very low carb. They teach you that sugar = white death.

im a big boy, always have been and I also take medications which don't help. But on body trim I lost 27kgs in 8 weeks. The first 3 days are killers but then it settles and it is pretty good. I went off it and gained then back on and lost it again. I ended up loosing my goal of 50kg's in a year.

lol my doctor tells me i need to gain weight i envy people that can put on weight lol

Weight gain is directly attributed to how many times your hand sticks something in your mouth.

My wife is a PT. Sugar is the killer as mentioned above and before. Weight loss is 80% diet 20% exercise. It doesn't sound right but its def true. I've just cut out alcohol and that has been a godsent for me. It's hard but if working towards a goal is important for you and your family then its a no brainer :)

Dansfish4tea: well done on your weightloss, what a fantastic achievement. You look great.

My wife is a PT. Sugar is the killer as mentioned above and before. Weight loss is 80% diet 20% exercise. It doesn't sound right but its def true. I've just cut out alcohol and that has been a godsent for me. It's hard but if working towards a goal is important for you and your family then its a no brainer :)

Correct :) Its all about what you put into your mouth..
Also drink LOTS of water! It will help in weight loss..
Exercise is definately important also, weight training (i love you) will build up your muscles and allow you to burn fat faster..keeping that weight off.
Someone else mentioned Calorie counting, i couldnt go without MyFitnessPal..it really helps.

Do not like the quick fix diets at all.. ie: Shakes, body trim , fat tablets etc.. to lose weight and keep it off you need something that will last foreverrr.

Ive been doing Michelle Bridges 12wbt since feb 2012, i try to eat 1200 cals a day but lately it is more like 1400-1500.
I usually Gym a few days a week and have a PT every wednesday but am increasing that an extra day for more weight training hehe when i started 12wbt i was traiining 6 days a week..Mish is hardcore lol

Foods i avoid: white bread..i love sandwhiches but if i have them i eat Multigrain. Potatoes..just a no no. Margarine.. i use lite dairy free sometimes, 1 tblspoon of marg is 100 calories!! FYI..
I must admit though, i still drink coffee with sugar.. just cannot give that up. Although, my PT is trying to get me to cut it in half and drink more water.. it will be my next goal.

Edited to add: I lost 14kgs in 6months doing this.. and have been maintaining it for about 6months..:)

Last edited:
I have been getting into mountain biking lately with my partner which is great. I haven't really had a sport or 'active' hobby for years now and have put on heaps of weight since I left school - and have very bad motivation levels, so my partner is a great help in that regard too.

I've been doing it for about a month now, and my fitness has increased dramatically (not much weight loss yet, but I figure this may be due to putting on muscle - i'm pretty sure I am losing cm's though!)

My goal is doing some Thredbo tracks by the end of the year, I will have my Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Evo bike by then, and will hopefully be more confident on the trails. :D:D

My mum works at a bakery (She's the supervisor of the chocolate room) and brings home sooooooooo much cake, chocolate an cookies every night becuase she gets it fro free. All of these contain chocolate. So as a New years Resolution I have given up chocolate. After a week I am already starting to notice the difference and it's great! I've been getting out more and excercising. My diet mainly consists of fruit and veg, I love that stuff! I could survive on cheeries and watermelon :)
I have never been a fan of junk food....when we go to Maccas or Hungry Jacks the only thing I will order is a frozen coke. Everythibng else is just pumped full of grease and it's icky!!!! How can anyone eat that stuff???? Blach!
my brother is 16 and literally lives on junk food. He eats pizza, hamburgers, pies, sausage rolls, sausages, hotdogs, chips, drinks only soft drink and will only eat a few vegies at one meal. That's it. He will probs have a few peas and nothing else but pizza, etc. All of this is takeaway food as well, not home made. How much does he weigh? He only weighs around 55-58kg. He doesn't excercise much, just watches dvds and plays Ps3. I'm so jealous :evil:

If you want to be healthy don't diet. You just starve yorself and eat everything once you've done so many weeks :p My bway:Just eat healthy and have fun! Excercising doesn't have to be boring. Do what ever appeals to you. Not all those sit ups, etc if you don't want to. Dance to music, walk your dog, play cricket, football, anything ;)(especially trampoline :lol:) It's all fun and is great to shred cm's.:D

Sharkky, if you diet properly, you do not starve yourself. Most diets are just healthy meals. The 12wbt is a good example. We still eat the meals we did on that and with mild exercise I am hovering around 75kgs. Mrs is still losing weight with moderate exercise. Weight loss is simply burn more energy than you intake.

Over the last couple of months I have got back into Power Walking since my knee op put me out of operation for a while. But now I have cut down what goes in my mouth and am smashing 10 kms every morning at 5.00am.7 days a week.Over the last 4 to 6 weeks lost 10 cms off my waist..and loving it...HeHe

Correct :) Its all about what you put into your mouth..
Also drink LOTS of water! It will help in weight loss..
Exercise is definately important also, weight training (i love you) will build up your muscles and allow you to burn fat faster..keeping that weight off.
Someone else mentioned Calorie counting, i couldnt go without MyFitnessPal..it really helps.

Do not like the quick fix diets at all.. ie: Shakes, body trim , fat tablets etc.. to lose weight and keep it off you need something that will last foreverrr.

Ive been doing Michelle Bridges 12wbt since feb 2012, i try to eat 1200 cals a day but lately it is more like 1400-1500.
I usually Gym a few days a week and have a PT every wednesday but am increasing that an extra day for more weight training hehe when i started 12wbt i was traiining 6 days a week..Mish is hardcore lol

Foods i avoid: white bread..i love sandwhiches but if i have them i eat Multigrain. Potatoes..just a no no. Margarine.. i use lite dairy free sometimes, 1 tblspoon of marg is 100 calories!! FYI..
I must admit though, i still drink coffee with sugar.. just cannot give that up. Although, my PT is trying to get me to cut it in half and drink more water.. it will be my next goal.

Edited to add: I lost 14kgs in 6months doing this.. and have been maintaining it for about 6months..:)

holy crap sel, your a machine. I keep thinking about going to the gym, but after working all day i really couldnt be bothered. After a 12 hr shift today outside in the heat, thats my weekly workout

Birth control can also be a pain =\ - When i got mine taken out of my arm - Months later( im talking 5+months!!) i was still losing weight - I almost went to the doc because asmuch as it was amazing i was losing all this weight for no reason, was little strange!
This time around i'll be more aware of my weight when getting a new B.C - I'm actually scared that i'll put all the weight back on =\ But i'll cross that brigde when it comes.

My mum works at a bakery (She's the supervisor of the chocolate room) and brings home sooooooooo much cake, chocolate an cookies every night becuase she gets it fro free.
Can't she give it to the homeless(shelter) or something of the sort? So much food goes to waste =[

I have been getting into mountain biking lately with my partner which is great. I haven't really had a sport or 'active' hobby for years now and have put on heaps of weight since I left school - and have very bad motivation levels, so my partner is a great help in that regard too.

I've been doing it for about a month now, and my fitness has increased dramatically (not much weight loss yet, but I figure this may be due to putting on muscle - i'm pretty sure I am losing cm's though!)

My goal is doing some Thredbo tracks by the end of the year, I will have my Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Evo bike by then, and will hopefully be more confident on the trails. :D:D

Vixen mountain biking is a great sport. My wife and I race a fair bit but its also something thats good fun to just cruise the trials with your partner or friends. We did a 10 day trip through New Zealand a few years ago which was great with the MTB parks around Auckland and Rotorua and everything in between.
View attachment 276861View attachment 276862View attachment 276863

When I decided to get serious about racing I saw a dietician and dropped 19kg in about 4 months. Changing my bad habits was tough for about 3 weeks but then it became the norm. Soft drink is still my biggest enemy and sometimes creaps its way back in!

holy crap sel, your a machine. I keep thinking about going to the gym, but after working all day i really couldnt be bothered. After a 12 hr shift today outside in the heat, thats my weekly workout

This is what most people say lol
This will probably sound really gay.. but On Mish's program, she trains your body AND your mind aswell.. its all in your mind..instead of thinking "I should.." you just DO it..without thinking,, basically do it before your mind realises what your doing hahaha.
Many times i have not wanted to gym, and if its because i cant be bothered..thats not an excuse really.. so i just get dressed..and then usually end up there and can surely say ive never regretted going ;)
But yes, after a 12hour day i dont think id feel like it, but you plan ahead..get up an hour earlier and go for a run before work :)

I have no problem with some quick fix diets. Some, like Bodytrim and the CSIRO diet, do teach portion size and correct number of servings. I believe that as long as the "diet" teaches sustainable and healthy habits then it can only benefit people with less than good eating habits who are trying to lose weight. Sometimes people need to see those results for the sake of motivation. They need to see they CAN do it.

You boys at least don't have to contend with hormones... Those things suck!

You'd be surprised how many people are out running that early haha. I did it in winter a few times..maybe not 4:30 .. probably more 5:30..it is best to get it over with early...says me who usually gets to the gym about 7pm lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back