croc head found on beach

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to be one huge GW to consider taking on a 3.5-4m croc...

Guess it knew where it was........ "Headed" 8)

If a crocodile was attacked in the ocean there is no way it's head would wash ashore like that, it would sink like a stone. Funny how everyone (especially the media) jumps to the most extreme conclusion. I'm no shark expert but I would think it near impossible for a shark to so neatly sever the head like that.

There are too many possibilities to say what happened.... maybe the croc died of natural causes and was feasted on? but people just want to believe their was some epic battle...

There are too many possibilities to say what happened.... maybe the croc died of natural causes and was feasted on? but people just want to believe their was some epic battle...

I kind of want it to be an epic battle. They could make a movie out of it: "Croczilla vs the Great White Devil", it'd make a killing at the box office :lol:

I like sharks :D I am hoping that it wasn't the Great White (Carcharodon Charcharias) But instead it was the return of it's collossal cousin, the Carcharodon Megalodon!!!!!!! (My spelling is a bit bad on shark names these days.....forgive and correct :lol:)

- - - Updated - - -

....Not that that will happen as te Megalodon is now supposedly 'extict'. Well hey, the ocean is plent deep and plenty big! They could still be living among us where humans have not gone ;)

I like sharks :D I am hoping that it wasn't the Great White (Carcharodon Charcharias) But instead it was the return of it's collossal cousin, the Carcharodon Megalodon!!!!!!! (My spelling is a bit bad on shark names these days.....forgive and correct :lol:)

- - - Updated - - -

....Not that that will happen as te Megalodon is now supposedly 'extict'. Well hey, the ocean is plent deep and plenty big! They could still be living among us where humans have not gone ;)

Hey, if they can find the Celocampth alive and well, who knows! ;)

I once saw a huge eruption of white water about a km offshore at West Alligator Head (sorry about the pun) in northern Kakadu. It went on for about 3 minutes. I couldnt see details clearly but I saw a fluked tail at one stage and a non fluked one a bit later. I reckon it was a croc and a hammerhead or tiger shark, they both reach 6 meters here.

I agree about the head sinking like a stone but I have seen some very heavy objects rolled onto the beach by strong rips and surf and other surprises exposed by a receding tide.

If giant squid and wale carcasses can wash ashore a crocodile head ain't no thang!

Probably was. Hammerheads and tigers have a reputation of eating and attacking anything that comes near them. 2 of the most aggressive species of sharks in our waters.
Anyone want a list of what has been found in a tiger's stomach?

- - - Updated - - -

If giant squid and wale carcasses can wash ashore a crocodile head ain't no thang!

That's because their swim bladders swell up giving them more air inside their bodies giving their bodies extra flotation. That's why you always find your fish floating when they die! :lol: I don't think croc heads have swim bladders? LOL We need to test of croc skulls float or not! :D

Annnnnyway Steve even tho it sounds like you didn't see much it still would of been an awesome thing to see! From alot of your posts it seems like you've witnessed and experienced alot of incredible things, thanks for sharing them with us all.

Annnnnyway Steve even tho it sounds like you didn't see much it still would of been an awesome thing to see! From alot of your posts it seems like you've witnessed and experienced alot of incredible things, thanks for sharing them with us all.

My pleasure. And the philosophy is....dont ask dont get. Gotta be there in the first place and life is short so get amongst it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back