Nagini?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruni

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just sitting here watching Deathly Hallows pt1 and got to wondering. Is Nagini based on a real species of snake i.e. reticulated python or is it completey made up?

I didn't think the more serious chaps would appreciate me posting it in the Snake Id section but hopefully someone like Longqi will sniff about in Chit Chat. :D

Last edited:
Just sitting here watching Deathly Hallows pt1 and got to wondering. Is Nagini based on a real species of snake or is it completey made up i.e. reticulated python?

I didn't think the more serious chaps would appreciate me posting it in the Snake Id section but hopefully someone like Longqi will sniff about in Chit Chat. :D

Actually Gruni I think you'll find the reticulated python is real ;) :lol:

Yeah yeah smarty pants you know what I meant. :p

In the books he's supposed to like 30ft long right? In the movie he's obviously a real snake, for the most part

I think they used a reticulated python as the model for the movies but in the books it isn't defined. I don't think he is meant to be a real species though since he is as big a giant constrictor but is also venomous

I wasn't worried about in the books but rather the look and pattern etc used in the movie. I wondered if it was Retic.

I forgot that in the book when Mr Weasley is bitten that it is the venom that was an issue.

Yeah I thought it had a retic look. Anyone else think the Basilisk looks like a common scaly-foot?

The snake in the movies in entirely computer generated, no real snake used there.

You missed the point... we know it is CGI you couldn't get a snake to perform. :facepalm: But is the CGI completely made up or did the animator accurately base the snake on a real snake? Nemo was CGI too but they went to a lot of trouble to make all of the characters realistic facsimilies of the real thing... apart from the eyes and mouth movement.

Ooops sorry Mcloughlin... I just scanned back through last nights replies and saw Matt's. Even in the movie Matt it is not a live snake and even though it may not be 30ft in the movie it is still at least the size of an anaconda at the least.

Last edited:
I though it looked like a mixture of snakes and pythons. Looking back it does have a bit of a reticulated pattern. Possibly a bit of burmese. With front fangs like an elapid, but a python shaped head.

if this helps the name nagini is defined in some asian,middle eastern countries as a female cobra like serpent

The female snake in Kiplings 'rikki tikka tavvi' is nagaina, so, like everything else she wrote, it's ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back