Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob8290

Hi guys! I'm just woundering the types of Albinos we can keep here in Australia?

The pure ones which are available to the general public are Spotteds, Olives and North-West (Darwin) carpets. As far as I know. Others exist (alledgedly, but wont be available for years)
and also, those true albinos can be crossed so basically any australian python could be available as an albino BUT those 3 I mentioned are the only true ones. That is what I am led to believe anyway. Please someone correct me if I am wrong?

Sorry I should've been more specific Python rep, I meant what type of albino snakes haha.

Must be school holidays...

Theres heaps of species of albino's getting around in private collections,

E.g. Darwin python, olive python, black headed python, spotted python, scrub python, red belly black snakes, smaller eyed snakes, death adders, knob tail geckos, bearded dragons, some turtles and some frogs

Just off the top of my head

I would think a majority of those would be hoaxes? Especially the RBB.

- - - Updated - - -

Or any Elapid for that matter.

I wouldn't have said it if there was a doubt in my mind any of them whernt true,

I can list the rumors I've heard as well if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also confirmed water dragons, keelbacks and obviously blue tongues

I wouldn't have said it if there was a doubt in my mind any of them whernt true,

I can list the rumors I've heard as well if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also confirmed water dragons, keelbacks and obviously blue tongues
I wasn't calling you a lier. I was just surprised is all so no need to get defensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Albino scrub would be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Was that albino RBB originally bred in captivity and escaped then went on to bite the kid or was it 100% from the wild? Does anyone know if I suffered from Neuro problems?

Was that albino RBB originally bred in captivity and escaped then went on to bite the kid or was it 100% from the wild? Does anyone know if I suffered from Neuro problems?

It was a wild animal.
Im not sure mate, that is something you should be asking your doctor.

The albino red belly is nice but it's got nothing on the original red belly IMO.
and yeah apparently it was collected after biting a school child or something but don't quote me on it.

I prefer classics ;) That's just me, I'm old school :p

Tio answer the question, you can own any albino form of python as long as you have the aprropriate license
There certainly are heaps out there! All gorgeous as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back