Heating ideas please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexpython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey so I'm looking at ways to heat my womas melamine enclosure but not using a lamp/globe or heat panel,I've seen heat cords fixed to the bottom of a tile?? Any other reasonably priced ideas getting around??

thanks for any help!
alex

Can't beat heat mats..........low wattage, perfect results.............economical.......lightweight, easy to use and can be cleaned in seconds...........never had an issue and be using them since 1993............cheers

Can a heat mat go in the enclosure in the substrate? I use kritters krumble

Can't beat heat mats..........low wattage, perfect results.............economical.......lightweight, easy to use and can be cleaned in seconds...........never had an issue and be using them since 1993............cheers

Have to agree with you that's pretty much all I use, low profile and incredibly reliable ( I am only getting 2% commission now:cry:).

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Can a heat mat go in the enclosure in the substrate? I use kritters krumble

I've used a heat mat inside my melamine encloser, no probs!

But I had red desert sand as substrate on top of heat mat, the sand once moisten, it dries up really compact. (excelent for burrowing pytons, ie Womas)
And no mess or issues with comoactation and much easier to clean poo!!

With kritters krumble, I'm not too sure... all I can think of, is the snake burrowing and lifting both kk and mat, which can get really hot w/ direct contact.

The sand, actually provides isolation so animal wont burn. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've used a combination of CHE's, heat globes, cords and matts and can honestly say that they're all good.... I think it comes down to personal choice... I found that heat cord and heat matts don't get as hot but last longer, CHE's heat up hard and fast and last fairly well and heat globes heat up slower than the CHE's but blow the quickest out of them all.

Find what works for you and your reptile and best of luck... I will say that I don't recommend the use of heat rocks (the artificial rock type heat source) as they seem to heat up quite hot, stay hot and have the potential to cause major burns especially with snakes when they wrap around them... There was a thread about heat rocks a little while back... Very nasty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back