Warning graphic picture! Look what we found dead on the side of the road.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At say 100kms an hour you would be lucky to see this for more then 2 seconds, i doubt you could then process what it is/isnt then make a judgement whether or not to use your car as a weapon to kill it. Assuming you believe it to be an animal not a piece of debrie or something ..

Comparing it to the line i would say yes.
is heathcote road a highway? i thought it was a minor road (so say 60k limit) which is why the op was able to get the pics , either way if they thought it was rope they would of have to had thought it was a bloody thick piece of rope (which i know is made for certain reasons but it isnt very common) and if your a decent driver and the animal doesn't just run in-front of you (which a boa could not do), you should be able to avoid it , i speak from experience their , i live in the country and the amount of animals ive missed on the road is crazy , and yes ive done it at 100kph

is heathcote road a highway? i thought it was a minor road (so say 60k limit) which is why the op was able to get the pics , either way if they thought it was rope they would of have to had thought it was a bloody thick piece of rope (which i know is made for certain reasons but it isnt very common) and if your a decent driver and the animal doesn't just run in-front of you (which a boa could not do), you should be able to avoid it , i speak from experience their , i live in the country and the amount of animals ive missed on the road is crazy , and yes ive done it at 100kph

Speaking from experience ? so you must have alot of experience and dare i say be always aware and keeping an eye out for any animals that may jump out, ALOT of drivers have a hard time staying on the road .. Im just saying its not right to assume this was done on purpose

Speaking from experience ? so you must have alot of experience and dare i say be always aware and keeping an eye out for any animals that may jump out, ALOT of drivers have a hard time staying on the road .. Im just saying its not right to assume this was done on purpose
yep :) speaking from experience , i could start putting down experiences that i remember off the top of my head if you would like ? like the coastal i dodged as i came around a corner ( he didnt like being moved off the road ) or the family of ducks that where making their way across the highway near the road works at coffs , only just missed them , then theirs the countless roos ive missed , like i said i live in country not the city of large suburban area so animals on the road is a common thing to encounter

im not saying that it was done on purpose im also not going to start making excuses for them , imo if you are aware on the road like you should be then you would see it coming provided it wasn't in heavy traffic etc which if it was id expect to see less of the snake intact

just re read what you wrote , just this part " always be aware and keeping an eye out for any animals that may jump out at you " your not implying the boa just jumped out in front of this driver are you ? ive seen roos jump out in front of me , birds swoop down in front of me , hell one night i even had a possum jump out of a tree onto the road but never a snake

Last edited:
Yeah fair call .. Also i didnt take into account how close it was to the edge of the road

I find it interesting that some people in this thread are concerned about the size of the snake, and thay by being larger and eating larger prey items it will somehow cause more ecological damage then a relocated native species such as a woma? It actually should be the opposite line of thinking, larger species of animals gain greater support by the general public so are often protected at a greater rate then say some rare species of native rodent or marsupial that is suitable size for a woma to eat. In reality this massive online hate for exotics does nothing to help the cause, people should actively participate in things that's will find a suitable solution, not jump on a bandwagon with their pitch forks and start chanting that exotics are the end of us all, riddled with rare, exotic diseases. Anyway, that's my two cence.

not to mention those white lines are at least 4 inches wide....

Was the entire snake there simon? seems short for the girth but it's hard to tell when it looks like it's been through a blender :?

I often wonder that aswell, and how they get here and out again.. in a recent episode of snakebytes bryan shows a albino darwin carpet and says that they only just got them 2 years ago there... does this mean they were smuggled out? or would they have just popped out of a clutch..

Yes they popped out a clutch..... about the same time as people here started popping out clutches of Jags

- - - Updated - - -

Boas at Heathcote..... well I guess thats better than all the corns that turn up.... well if you can't afford a South American herping holiday the Engadine Motor Inn is the next best thing!!!

- - - Updated - - -

poor brazilian raibow boa its almost full size someone must've had it for a while before it escaped lol

Thats no Rainbow Boa

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
not to mention those white lines are at least 4 inches wide....

Was the entire snake there simon? seems short for the girth but it's hard to tell when it looks like it's been through a blender :?

Yes the entire snake was there and was about 6 foot maybe but it was fat, about 30cm thick in the middle and that line would be about 20cm thick.

Here's a few more pics
su8u5uje.jpg
ajabatas.jpg

Heathcote Road is a 100kh speed road and very dark with no street lighting (well it was the last time I was on it) so it is reasonable to think the driver had very little time to see what it was and even to recognise what it was.

I wish someone would release a decent exotic like say for instance a King Cobra! just one i'm not greedy :)

Is that a red tailed boa? What a shame. Would have been a score "rescuing" that from the wild

Look, another one dead in the bush back in 2011.

Attachments

• 03102011106.jpg
    03102011106.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 03102011108.jpg
    03102011108.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back