Thieves!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This poor guy had all his money stolen from his campervan when he stopped at Arthurs Pass in the South Island of NZ.

The news report as follows:

Kea thief steals wallet tourist South Canterbury... | Stuff.co.nz

He left the windows down as he snapped photos of the scenery, including one of an unusual bird on the ground near his vehicle. Little did he know he'd become a target for the local criminal element.

"A Canadian couple walked by and said: 'We've just seen that bird take something out of your campervan',"

8255649.jpg

If you've seen this bird, please report him to the local police ;)

NZ - been robbing tourists since Parrots were invented!

Keas. You gotta love 'em - until they do something to you.

lol, they might be spotted at the supermarket purchasing bird seed.

mmm, and the Canadian couple got away clean... ;)

Hahaha... I'm going to hang at Arthurs Pass now and claim 'the kea took it, I saw it with my own two eyes....'

Keas. You gotta love 'em - until they do something to you.

My cousin did a 'man vs wild' type course (Outward Bound) a few years ago and she (I know, woman vs wild didn't sound as good) had to set up camp with limited supplies, find fresh water blah blah blah... Anyway.. She went off with her canteen to get water only to come back to the fact that keas had ransacked her tent, stole her rations of food, and eaten some of her footwear...The kea's in NZ are above the law:

[video=youtube;fBdvRCkCNfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdvRCkCNfo[/video]

QUOTE=JasonL;2311774]Probably rather a Scotch Fillet[/QUOTE]

Mate, we're lucky that the Haast Eagle is wiped out, otherwise sheep farming and schools would be very different!

When my family was holidaying in NZ, we rented a car and made the fatal mistake of leaving it unattended. We came back and the car had no antenna, no windshield wipers, no window trim and they even went to the point of removing the shiny plastic wheel covers... We didn't get out bond back.

When my family was holidaying in NZ, we rented a car and made the fatal mistake of leaving it unattended. We came back and the car had no antenna, no windshield wipers, no window trim and they even went to the point of removing the shiny plastic wheel covers... We didn't get out bond back.

That's in the fine print ;)

Most rental companies employ keas so they don't have to pay back bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back