Your opinions on Exo Terra products.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol disin... That's more a problem with your cat, not the tanks :p

Yeah cause I'm getting a pair of Marbled Velvets, I don't want them escaping I think definitely now I'm getting a Exo terra terrarium. I agree they cost more, buts its worth spending a bit of money to keep em happy and healthy.

Lol disintegratus that sounds like my cat, she's always trying to sit on my Marbled Geckos tank, a few days ago she knocked it over grrr.....:evil:

Last edited:
You should try the mouse traps. I think they're about $5 for a 2-pack from Bunnings. They're little grey plastic snap traps, designed as "kid-safe": they're probably useless for killing mice, so if a kid sticks their finger in one, it won't get broken. As such, they're pretty safe to use on the cats, it's mostly the loud snapping noise they make that scares the bejeezus out of the kitty. I don't need to put them out anymore, the cats have learnt to stay away from the tanks :)

I have never had a problem with them. They look good and are very well made.

Been using them for years and never had that problem, Marzy...

Anything emmitting heat should not be in contact with the plastic bits at all - make sure it's only on the mesh.

Weren't my enclosures Sam friends of mine keep buying used ones and every time they seem to have a bend so for the price it should be metal as they do cost a fair amount.

I agree, apart from the price they seem really nice and neat.

Really like the exo brand i have a few of there terrariums I'm always happy to pay that bit extra for them.
The only thing that is frustrating to me is how crickets hide in the gap between the top mesh and back wall and if you don't use substrate they get in the holes down the bottom. I guess with how well exo present and the overall finish of there product I would like that problem solved without me having to find something to wedge in the gaps.

Really like the exo brand i have a few of there terrariums I'm always happy to pay that bit extra for them.
The only thing that is frustrating to me is how crickets hide in the gap between the top mesh and back wall and if you don't use substrate they get in the holes down the bottom. I guess with how well exo present and the overall finish of there product I would like that problem solved without me having to find something to wedge in the gaps.

Yeah I agree, I have that issue as well.
I have found that the fake rock wall is poorly designed and constructed, I have taken all of mine out as I was sick of plugging up holes that crickets had made in it (yes they eats it!), I was also quite concerned about the possible effect a polystyrene and paint gut-loaded cricket would have on my geckos!

overpriced, but gumtree gold!

Biggest diff for me is build quality. Go pick up an exoterra glass tank and then pick up a cheap one. In the cheap ones (with my exp) the glass moves abit and just feels like it isnt solidly together. The exoterras i have had dont budge. Just something random i noticed :D

I have done some research on them for a GTP display, and they seem to be great for display purpose. The only problems i found with them is the mesh at the top seems to be there only fault.
Price wise, if you shop around there not that expensive.

I've always found the best way to purchase Exo terra enclosures is from Aust. based online rept. suppliers.
There's no shop mark-up & even with the added cost of postage, it's still reasonably cheaper than from a pet shop.

Yes, I know there's a concern regarding a glass enclosure shipped through the post, but I've ordered at least 4 Exo Terra & none of them have ever arrived damaged.

I've always found the best way to purchase Exo terra enclosures is from Aust. based online rept. suppliers.
There's no shop mark-up & even with the added cost of postage, it's still reasonably cheaper than from a pet shop.

Yes, I know there's a concern regarding a glass enclosure shipped through the post, but I've ordered at least 4 Exo Terra & none of them have ever arrived damaged.
Same here cheapest and arrived with no problem!
I have my GTP in one ATM it works really well

I keep my marms in them.
I paid $180 for a new 60H x 45 x45 over twelve months ago.
I have noticed that supplier has upped the price since then.

My local shops add $50 of sand/grass/logs/water dishes and add price tags of 300+ for 30x30x45cm exo-terras
I wouldn't mind some of the 45x45 by 30cm tall ones i seen around lately though for some scaley's.

Wow $180 is pretty cheap, where did you buy one at that price?

I think I recall seeing an ExaTerra 45x45x45 in a local store for around the $180 mark. Can't be sure now but I am sure it was definitely not over $200. I will look if in there again in the future as it has me curious now.....

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back