Lost perentie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with some of these comments in this thread...

Just hand it into NPWS or the correct authorities / departments so they can look after it better until the owner is found. If they are not found then they will offer it to zoo's or wildlife parks and then last but not least a ballot.

Although how a owner can lose a perentie is mind boggling and IMO probably doesn't deserve to keep these wonderful creatures...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was against site rules to encourage illegal behaviour, any people suggestion it should not be handed are doing just that. It is still protected wildlife.

The owners are away but they sold it to the owners? that just sounds to fishy...

IMO a good reason to get some reptiles chipped.

Yeah my mate works at a zoo , so if the owner isn't found it will go to a great home,
she was found about 5-10 ks away from houses, so she's defo wanted to get out of what ever she was living in.

You don't seem to understand. It doesn't matter if your mate works at the zoo. The only legal option is to hand it over to NPWS if you can't establish who the owner is. They will decide where it is to go from there.

All animals want to get out of where they were living, they love exploring. They are not like dogs and cats who stick around because of an emotional attachment. I hope this animal gets passed onto people who know what they are doing and can track down the owner properly so the owners can gain back their expensive animal and take proper care of it.

Have any of the 3 people given you any details yet? They should be easily be able to tell you the purchase date, place and the name/permit number of the previous owner/seller. If they have not given you this information by now they are either a) frauds b) they are unfit to keep the animal as it has escaped and they haven't recorded the proper information into their record book or have lost LL the info.

Sorry but that is the way I see it. Hand the lizard over to the NPWS and tell these 3 people if they want the lizard back, they can go see them with all the proper paper work, permit and records. And the NPWS will take it from there.

-sharkyy

It's funny how so many people want to take it off Wild 56's hands.

However the way I see it is that the Perentie is going to end up biting off more then it can chew, not the other way around.

It is funny how so many people are quick to tell those who find snakes and are after a id or those who show off a unique snake they found to release it, it's against the law rah rah rah but as soon as something like this comes up everyone wants it. I really think this has gone of for long enough now and the op needs to move the animal on to the department and be done with this thread already.

Nah they haven't they said the owner still owes them money , so they will return it LLOL . I don't think so, it's going this weekend .

Going where this weekend, NPWS isn't open on the weekend and to hand it to your friend at the zoo is highly unethical if someone has lost it. have you taken wokkas offer to hand details to the owner, i smell a rat here.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of a flock of seagulls at the beach when you have fish and chips.

Don't include me in the flock (not saying you were), I have no interest in keeping a monitor that large even if I could in Victoria, but I don't think handing it over to a zoo instead of NPWS, where the rightful owner has the chance to reclaim it, is very good form. Especially when friends and henceforth conflicts of interest are involved.

Yes npws that is we're it is going bud, then it will go to zoo,

She's gone to aussie reptile park it will be on display in 3-4 months in shows :D

What a stupid thread. No offence to anyone.
But seriously guys, grow up. The poor lizard should have gone ages ago to a professional, registered place where the owners could be properly identified and the lizard, looked after.
Can't say im all that impressed about him going to do shows at the aussie reptile park... but that's my opinion as he's someones pet.

But seriously guys, grow up. The poor lizard should have gone ages ago to a professional, registered place where the owners could be properly identified and the lizard, looked after.
Can't say im all that impressed about him going to do shows at the aussie reptile park... but that's my opinion as he's someones pet.

Yeah.... Because they certainly don't have professional reptile keepers there ;) If it's gone on this long and no ones claimed a thousand dollar lizard then there's probably a reason why. I think this outcome is ideal.

Hahaha really? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back