Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Uk u spend an Hr just looking at about 100 different corns and milks in amazement...then u move on to stand 2 lol

Need to put things in perspective here. Uk 66m people. Aus 22m. UK you can be anywhere within a few hours on the road. Aus need to fly or take a week off from some places. UK no licensing regulations on non vens. Aus, strict interstate control.

The last uk show I went too was in Birmingham. Had a great day but in my opinion it was just too big. If we dont support shows like this one here in Aus they will die out instead of growing with the hobby. The more people that get into reptiles here in Aus the shows will become bigger. In the uk they are likely to go the other way. As licensing and import/export laws in the USA change then they will likely change in the UK leaving a shrinking supply of reptiles to feed a hobby that becomes more and more controlled. (Brits dont like govt controls)

i would go but being in sa i cant buy anything anyway would need stupid import/export permit if they had something in place on the day to fill out so you could buy from interstate and take with you i would be there with bells on

Was in by 9:30 and out by 11 list of nice womas there I would love to of brought home but I'm happy with the fat tailed dunnart i got

Was in by 9:30 and out by 11 list of nice womas there I would love to of brought home but I'm happy with the fat tailed dunnart i got
where were they? someone said they got a hopping mouse aswell i missed them, also was that massive scrubbie for sale or just show? how much was he?

There was a guy near the toilet, he had hopping mice and dunnarts, he had 3 dunnarts, I would of grabbed them all but there was only one left when I saw it

Need to put things in perspective here. Uk 66m people. Aus 22m. UK you can be anywhere within a few hours on the road. Aus need to fly or take a week off from some places. UK no licensing regulations on non vens. Aus, strict interstate control.

The last uk show I went too was in Birmingham. Had a great day but in my opinion it was just too big. If we dont support shows like this one here in Aus they will die out instead of growing with the hobby. The more people that get into reptiles here in Aus the shows will become bigger. In the uk they are likely to go the other way. As licensing and import/export laws in the USA change then they will likely change in the UK leaving a shrinking supply of reptiles to feed a hobby that becomes more and more controlled. (Brits dont like govt controls)
Paul i stated LOL and maybe was taken in wrong text...i love the Expos over here they r small yes but whats on sale is whats available...i c lots of complaints this yr and to be honest if u dont like them then dont go.....i missed castle hill due to playing STUPID Very bad golf lol...but im going to penrith as i already have ordered a couple snakes and its a great place to pick um up and have a chat and wander around...i will prob only be there couple hrs max but its still great to get out the house and go meet people that have the same interests............NOW regarding the UK...lol...when u say 66mill (ive googled this heaps of times) the records only show from way back and i emigrated 10 yrs ago and there was near on 100 mill but they will never show this on record....London is similar in population to Australia tho....i think that the 66 mill is probably close to the illegal imigrants than who really lives there....I was born and lived there for 36 yrs (OMG im OLD
lol.gif
)...all good mate hope u enjoyed England...if u get out the Cities its a fantastic historic part of the world
Ta
Pete......Ps u need to speak Polish also since they have taken the country over and im interested to c how far u can drive a car in 4 hrs over there.....I go back every couple yrs and what used to be a 50 min from airport journey is now nearly 2 Hrs gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bash.gif

Last edited:
This is the little male dunnart i picked up yesterday

DSC_0604.jpg

I picked up this little guy at last years expo
DSC_0008.jpg
and here is the little piglet 1 year later
DSC_0241.jpg

I got two marble velvet geckos from John McGrath. Nearly bought a beardie but no room right now due to all the hoppers!

pretty sure hes talking about the big scrubbie in the cage near the area where the turtles were
Wasn't that a Rough Scale Python? Didn't look long enough for a scrubby imo? Dont think it was forsale. Just there to show it off.

I'm gutted I missed it, but my son was up all night and was struggling to function!Looks like most of you enjoyed your selfs and picked up some good animals!Ah we'll always 2014!

I picked up 3 baby EWD's and a Kimberley bluey, possible female.
Unfortunately one of the baby EWD's died overnight, so will contact the breeder today and see if I can grab another for cheaper.
Did quite enjoy the expo this year, much more so than last year, which was all snakes (and I'm a lizard man haha).
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't see the Moloch, didn't even know it was there =/

I'd be a bit more wary about getting another one off the same breeder if the animal dies less than 24 hours after purchase, and would certainly wouldn't be thinking about forking out more money if I decided I did want a replacement and not taking my business elsewhere.
But maybe that just me...

NOW regarding the UK...lol...when u say 66mill (ive googled this heaps of times) the records only show from way back and i emigrated 10 yrs ago and there was near on 100 mill but they will never show this on record....London is similar in population to Australia tho....i think that the 66 mill is probably close to the illegal imigrants than who really lives there....I was born and lived there for 36 yrs (OMG im OLD
lol.gif
)...all good mate hope u enjoyed England...if u get out the Cities its a fantastic historic part of the world
Ta
Pete......Ps u need to speak Polish also since they have taken the country over and im interested to c how far u can drive a car in 4 hrs over there.....I go back every couple yrs and what used to be a 50 min from airport journey is now nearly 2 Hrs gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bash.gif

Mate I'm all Pom born and bred. And might I add a very proud one.

The only thing I had to do was remember to take my licence.. But nooo I forgot so I didn't get anything lol there was a few I was thinking of putting a deposit on and then picking them up today but no licence made it a lot easier to walk away!! There was a number or 2 I got for future purchases though

Sent from my GT-N7000

Spent a bit of time living and working at Ayers Rock Resort, and that Thorny Devil does not look well, compared to what Ive seen in the wild anyway

Wasn't that a Rough Scale Python? Didn't look long enough for a scrubby imo? Dont think it was forsale. Just there to show it off.

Definitley a scrub python - owned by Josh from Reptile Encounters who is a friend of mine. The scrubbie is only 2 years old...got her from some reptile park that was closing down. And yep - just for show.

I FELL IN LOVE with the Axanthic BHP's Chondros were selling, but at $2,500K not one of them sold. I was hovering around his exhibit for a while and everyone just kept telling them "that's pretty pricey mate - no thanks". He has another ten at home. but I was SO TEMPTED...

18-02-2013 8-01-44 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back