New Storrs Monitors.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manimal

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I finally sold all my hatchling bds and with the proceeds from them I purchased a double enclosure and two beautiful little Storrs monitors. I know it is very difficult to pick sexes when they are very young, but I picked out one that had a big broad head and one that was less colorful and with a narrower head. Fingers crossed I have a pair.
They are super active, and have a voracious apatite eating dusted crickets and small pieces of chopped chicken.
Fantastic little critters, I could sit and watch them all day. The only thing stopping me is having to go to work.

Attachments

• 20130215_142027.jpg
    20130215_142027.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 20130215_123112.jpg
    20130215_123112.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 20130215_123016(0).jpg
    20130215_123016(0).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 20130215_122932.jpg
    20130215_122932.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 194
Great way to spend your profit! They are gorgeous :D Fingers crossed for you that they are pair! Good luck with them :)

did you get them in adelaide mate if so did they have anymore if so could you pm were you got them from cheers mick

Very nice! I got a little storri yesterday too, you have a nice setup.
Only thing i would change is to get some sand, preferably red and deep as mine has been digging like crazy all day!

Are they V. s. storri or V. s. ocreatus? They do love sand, put any cage furnishings on the bottom of the tank and fill around them so the animals can't burrow under and have stuff collapse on them. They are great little reps, always so active.

Very nice! I got a little storri yesterday too, you have a nice setup.
Only thing i would change is to some sand, preferably red and deep as mine has been digging like crazy all day!

Sand is coming, but I thought I would let them get a little bigger. I dont want sand impaction, because they are so small. I might sound pedantic but I dont want to take any chances. Thanks for the suggestions though

Do these guys get as big as other monitors like lacies? I saw a couple hatchies at the expo and they where gecko small.

Nah these are only little guys in monitor terms. Varanus storri storri are typically around 35cm. Still they have all the personality and character of a big monitor I've found.

They were so cute! I like monitors and their personalities and looks but the size really puts me off. Ill have to keep these guys in mind for the far future. Thanks for the replies guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back