Feeding chicken necks help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
Just wondering if u have to cook the chicken or keep it cold ect.
never done this before it's for a extremely malnourished python I have come across, I was unable to get any rats today.
i will post a thread on the python when I get home.

Feeding it chicken necks will give it little to no nourishment. What have you tried previously?

Also cooking them gives me a vision of a snake in the wild with a campfire : )

What sort of python is it?

Any chance you could get rats tomorrow? If so I would probably hang on until then. If you can't then what you would do is heat it under some hot tap water then dry it with some paper towel, exactly like you would when you are defrosting a rat. DO NOT cook it. It is unlikely anything would eat cooked chicken necks but especially not a snake. Good luck.

feed it raw and defrost it first. never feed a snake cooked food.

I have three (well my Mum and Dad have three, but they are still mine as I only left home a year a go and they were my dogs :D). One 7 year old black boy named Teddy, one 7 year old red fawn brindle girl named Princess and one 2 year old black girl named Lexi. Teddy and Princess came with names which suited them too much to change them. Lexi I named myself. All retired with the two girls having very short careers and Teddy have quite a long one. They are my gorgeous, extremely spoilt little coach potatos.

Cheers guys, I only got to see him n the last 3hours n all pets hops where closed.
he has just smashed 2 chicken necks and is looking good,
il post a thread about this poor guy when I get home.
keep a look out.

I breed my own rats and I find when in low on rats when waiting for rats to give birth/ grow they make a good in between meal for a week or so and they are cheap for only 3.20 kilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back