Solar Power

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacorin

Reaction score
hey guys n gals,

i have a question for ya, how many herpers to advantage of the solar power rebates or are thinking of putting solar on,to help alleviate the rising electrickery bills??? if you have it on,how successful was it??

i have it only 3.2kw system very good thrue the summer months average in winter very important to do things at night to maximise it if you got the 50c rebate

The guys at Reptile City in SA put in a huge 30kw system and are now carbon neutral. They had to import all the gear themselves due to the over inflated prices charged by the solar power companies. That's what happens when governments give away your hard earned money in the form of rebates.

The guys at Reptile City in SA put in a huge 30kw system and are now carbon neutral. They had to import all the gear themselves due to the over inflated prices charged by the solar power companies. That's what happens when governments give away your hard earned money in the form of rebates.

I thought we are restricted to 5kw systems?

I thought we are restricted to 5kw systems?

Commercial premises different rules apply and don't think there is a govt buy in tariff rebate you just negotiate with your supplier.

I believe that it isn't just commercial premises that can have larger systems, I know of someone that has a cattle farm and has numerous 30Kw solar farms and I know of at least one residential place through my work (Energex) that has a 30Kw system. The legislation was recently changed so that existing systems over 5 Kw can exist but if the name on the electricity account changes there will be no buy back scheme offered meaning that you can use what you produce but the excess will be fed back into the system for free. Also systems under 5Kw will be affected with the new legislation, if there is a name change on the electricity account there will only be a reduced amount offered on the buy back scheme. I think the amount will drop from about 50c/Kwh to 4c/Kwh. This is in Queensland and I am not sure if this is state by state or federal legislation. Also back on the topic working for Energex (local power company) we get to see a lot of problems caused by solar, mostly high volts and some of this is caused by the inverter which a lot are the cheaper chinese ones.

I think the kW limit imposed in SA was to stop people profiting from the feed in tariff rebate, hence the energy audit the solar companies do before recommending a system. Don't think there is a limit on how big a system you can have, only how big it can be before the rebate is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back