Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful MD, he looks big in those pics, what's he eating now?

He'd be about 80cm now. Remember my arm belongs to a small 14yr old girl haha so maybe he looks big.
He's eating weaner mice but i will soon move him onto rats. Only got one mouse left in the freezer :)

He'd be about 80cm now. Remember my arm belongs to a small 14yr old girl haha so maybe he looks big.
He's eating weaner mice but i will soon move him onto rats. Only got one mouse left in the freezer :)

Niice MD BP.
And hey at least your male is eating :p. Mine is a right picky bugger, yet his sister is a pig.

this is Hisskers I got him last week he is 1 year old. pretty sure he's the best pet I have ever owned. he is so cool, his head pattern is in the shape of a penguin I love it. not sure why the pics are all upside down and all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 174
Any body looking to buy adult breeding pair?

all beautiful MD's, I would love a breeding pair, but I think my wife would kick me out if I bought any more snakes at the moment, maybe in a couple of years I will get a breeding pair of something and have a shot at breeding

this is Hisskers I got him last week he is 1 year old. pretty sure he's the best pet I have ever owned. he is so cool, his head pattern is in the shape of a penguin I love it. not sure why the pics are all upside down and all.

I just think that Hisskers is possibly one of the best snake names i've ever heard.

Niice MD BP.
And hey at least your male is eating :p. Mine is a right picky bugger, yet his sister is a pig.

Cheers Tobe.
Sorry about your male. :? Oh well. Hope that changes soon and he turns out somewhat like his sister! I'm glad he's eating as I didn't want a first snake that was a problem feeder. Basics for me haha

He shed tonight which kind of surprised me as I didn't notice any signs that he was coming up to one.
I'll try give him a feed in a day or two and see what happens.
It was about 1m in length so I'd say he's around 75-80cm long, still pretty thin though.
But he has taken down Hopper Rats before... The last two times he decided to eat actually, just wish he was a more regular feeder.

Edit - Forgot to add: His shed was 100% successful, which is always nice. :)

Last edited:
I just think that Hisskers is possibly one of the best snake names i've ever heard.
Thanks. It just came to me one day. Everyone I know thought it was a silly name to go with a silly pet. I explain it to people like this, cats have whiskers, his name's Hisskers. I wanted to ask as some of you were talking about shedding. Will I know it's about to happen, like is the milkyness really noticeable or very subtle.

Here is our little MD, MD is his name, he is a little cutie

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 156
I love MD's, have for quite a while now, not many people sell them very often though, which is a shame.
Love all of your Murray's everyone, they really are such a great looking carpet.

View attachment 282887 This is an old picture (about a year ago) of Daisy. I will up load more of her later when i can find them on the computer. She has grown heaps since then and is now eating large rats. She is 2 years old now.

Thought I might add a few more pics. He's not been outside in the evening before and i'll admit i was a worried mother but he was fine. Just thought it might provide some half decent shots.

DSC_0009.jpg DSC_0012.jpg DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0003.jpg This is the enclosure he (unknown sex but whatever) will eventually go into. Just needs a coat of sealant of some sort and finishing siliconing the joints. Oh and lots of decoration! He just needs to pack on a bit more size and he'll be right to go in. It measures (lxwxh) 1100x600x1200mm.
Thought I'd also chuck a pic of a huge branch my uncle picked up off a neighbour who was going to burn it. Would be over 2m long!
DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0002.jpg As you may or may not be able to see it needs a good clean (and cutting down to size.)
Any ideas on how to free it of bugs as I know there are things in there. visible spider webs etc. Bath tub? Other ideas?
DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0006.jpg And a pretty sick looking branch (patterns must've been made by insects, looks quite pretty IMO) which will be sealed and screwed horizontally in the enclosure.
Oh and any ideas on the best sealer for the enclosure?

Cheers guys :p

Any ideas on how to free it of bugs as I know there are things in there. visible spider webs etc. Bath tub? Other ideas?

I soak anything I'm unsure of in boiling water for about 30 mins - 1 hour, then let it sit out in the sun for a few hours (or until it is completely dry).
Other people may have better suggestions though.

would 140cm long , 50cm deep, 90 cm high be big enough for a adult murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back