Playstation 4 release date in...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found my brothers Birthday present! :D .......But I'll get mum to buy it -.-

Didn't even know it existed hahahaha
Personally I am a PC man. The machine I am about to build will have 16 gig of ram, 2 X 2 gig graphic cards (crossfire). 4.2ghs octo-core processor...and so forth and so forth :p All for a measly $1000 ;)

You going Intel or AMD for the processor? And what GPUs?
My PC cost around 1800, but that was 2 years ago.
Prices have gone way down since then.

You going Intel or AMD for the processor? And what GPUs?
My PC cost around 1800, but that was 2 years ago.
Prices have gone way down since then.

Little looksi
Going with AMD this time (a hell of a lot cheaper!!!)
Fatality 990 FX Gaming Board
8 core 4.2ghz CPU
2 X 2 gig 7870 GC
16gb DDR3 Ram
250gig SSD drive
CPU water cooling
1000w gaming supply
24 x Speed DVD Optical Blue Ray Drive

Promise no more highjacking the thread after this :D

PS4 will be pretty sweet tho...

im not liking the sound of the controller at all from what saximus has put up

touch pad would do nothing but annoy the crap out of me same with the motion sensors , i never really use the sixaxis thing on the ps3 because its to touchy , i can do it but i prefer to use the little sticks , at the end of the day the controller does just that , it controls what you do in the game if it isnt 100% user friendly its a big downfall for me

and im no game nerd but i assume this no backwards compatibility means we wont be able to use old games on it , count me out then , for the first few years anyway , ill upgrade one day when the ps3 is dead

Meanwhile.... still waiting for Microsoft to release the next Xbox.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Too bad by the time it is released the hardware (compared to PCs) will be last gen. Add to the fact that you can build a pretty decent PC these days for around $1000. Not much difference in price if it indeed is $790.

The problem with outdated hardware on consoles is that pretty much all games are ported from them these days... So they run like crap on a PC most of the time.

Pretty disappointed that my two 6950s (unlocked to 6970s at 900/1375) wont even run Crysis 3 at a smooth 60fps fully maxed out at 1080p.

I built my PC for about $4500 nearly two years ago, should have waited for the products to become cheaper but I can't help it. If it is new I MUST have it haha

I loved the announcement. Thought they did a great job, and I'm very excited :D Can't wait to see more. Deep Down from Capcom looked awesome and Killzone looked beautiful. As far as I'm aware, Killzone was a live demo. PS4, here I come.

Is there any people here who have 360 or PS3?

Too bad by the time it is released the hardware (compared to PCs) will be last gen. Add to the fact that you can build a pretty decent PC these days for around $1000. Not much difference in price if it indeed is $790.

The problem with outdated hardware on consoles is that pretty much all games are ported from them these days... So they run like crap on a PC most of the time.

Pretty disappointed that my two 6950s (unlocked to 6970s at 900/1375) wont even run Crysis 3 at a smooth 60fps fully maxed out at 1080p.

Sadly, my old gaming PC (Built at the end of 2010...) with a i7 950 @5gz, 12gb 2133mhz ram in tri-chanel with duel 6870's @ 1250/1115 can run it fully maxed out at 1080p... It does however die off at any higher resolution than that.... (Only thing I want to replace is the GPU's when the 8XXX series comes out.) **Its the core clock speed that is limiting you. Push that and C3 will run better, I'm limited by my memory speed on my cards at the moment.**

How does your PC handle Planetside2 on max? PC hardware still has a way to go to catch some newer games that are designed with a PC in mind... The consoles are already not able to play some of these titles at max settings.

Also; Has anyone noticed that it looks like the two major consoles are looking more like a PC than last gen? Maybe there is a push to move to hardware that is easier to update each release cycle?

Last edited:
**Its the core clock speed that is limiting you. Push that and C3 will run better, I'm limited by my memory speed on my cards at the moment.**

If I push it anywhere past 900Mhz, games crash. Even if I push the voltage from 1.15v to 1.3, makes no difference (well about 10-20mhz, so not worth it). Are you watercooled? I'm only on reference 2GB cards.

If I push it anywhere past 900Mhz, games crash. Even if I push the voltage from 1.15v to 1.3, makes no difference (well about 10-20mhz, so not worth it). Are you watercooled? I'm only on reference 2GB cards.

H100i with 4 decent fans.

The cards are Sapphire duel fan thingos, that I lapped and put diamond paste on. I think they are up around 1.38v or so.... I do find they need to be throttled back a fair bit in the middle of summer. <.<

$4500 for a pc? o_O
Please tell whats in it lol!

I decided to build it while the parts were fresh on the market which accounts for the cost.
intel i7 2600k O.C. (4.8ghz)
16gb ddr3 1866mhz g.skill ripjaws x
ocz vertex 4 120gb x 2 (windows and linux)
nvidia gtx 570
cm 690 case (decided to go with mid tower case)
3 x 2tb WD cavier greens
old 640gb wb cavier black
coolIT cpu liquid cooler (single rad) - upgrading to a double rad corsair h100
asus p67 deluxe MB
27" acer led monitor
razer black widow ultimate keyboard
razer mamba mouse (old roommate broke it and never replaced it, grrr)

if I bought all the parts today (or even better ones) it would be under $3000, I'm just impatient haha

I decided to build it while the parts were fresh on the market which accounts for the cost.
intel i7 2600k O.C. (4.8ghz)
16gb ddr3 1866mhz g.skill ripjaws x
ocz vertex 4 120gb x 2 (windows and linux)
nvidia gtx 570
cm 690 case (decided to go with mid tower case)
3 x 2tb WD cavier greens
old 640gb wb cavier black
coolIT cpu liquid cooler (single rad) - upgrading to a double rad corsair h100
asus p67 deluxe MB
27" acer led monitor
razer black widow ultimate keyboard
razer mamba mouse (old roommate broke it and never replaced it, grrr)

if I bought all the parts today (or even better ones) it would be under $3000, I'm just impatient haha

beast of a rig mate !

You will be gaming on that for years to come! Im still doing all my gaming on a 7 YO frankenstein HP desktop haha. No sides, 1 fan, cable ties holding most together :) funnily enough its been one of my most reliable machines to date!

Ohh i think i have some asian house geckos living inside it too lol... re-cable-tied the PSU back in today and 2 jumped out LOL.

I've found it depends how you use it. The PS3 is good for gaming but the other features they built in are not that great.
I prefer consoles for games and PC for media but the Amiga turned me off PC gaming so after 20 years things may have changed :p

Im reading this, enjoying all the comments and then flicking through teh catalogues we get from work and deciding what my next gam..., I mean, work setup should contain..(PS: You guys have some phenominal setups though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back