NPWS Guidelines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been saying you can only sell an animal after you have owned it for 6 months but i can't find this anywhere, where does it say this? cheers Jordan
I don't know if its true or not but I just tell my mum that so I cant sell them :)

Yes it is true... There is a 6 month holding time before you can sell any animal you have brought. You could call NPWS and see if they would allow you to sell earlier?.

That is correct, in NSW you must own the animal for at least 6 months before selling it

I believe its written on the back of ur licence under section/point 10. The only time ur legally allowed to sell before that is if u bred the reptile and selling the babies or u have permission from NPWS, in which u would probably need a good reason.

On your license (back) General Conditions number 10: The licensee shall not dispose of a protected native animal within a period of six months from the date of it's acquisition. This condition does not apply to protected native animals bred by the licensee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back