Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont think any animal should be sold in pet shops. If reptiles are being sold in pet shops, I dont think I would mind as long as husbandry is kept adequate and the animal get proper care from staff that know what they are doing.
I think it is good for the industry in terms of getting more people educated about reptiles but personally I think if you are going to sell them, they should come with a good care sheet.

Is there anyone else thinking that "Herpariums" like Aquariums will pop up and have experienced , knowledgeable staff on hand to help ??

No prob wont wappen in a hurry but one day???

at least they have care sheets and it is a restricted list. i'm shocked they did not include stimmi'e, eastern beardies and eastern water dragons.

stimsons and eastern beardies,bluetongues etc will become the next closest thing ,just not policeable.

After many years of lobbying, the PIAA were very pleased to witness the authorisation of commercial trade of reptiles through pet shops in NSW. Minister Parker agreed that it was not acceptable that you could purchase a reptile in a McDonalds car park but you couldn’t buy one in a pet shop where you could obtain the enclosures, environment and food and receive the information required to look after the animal.
LOL stupidest statement of the year
My local petshops suggest heat rocks without thermos they are safe
they sell people with waterdragons 2ft exo-terras and heat rocks...

I purchased a gecko in mcdonalds carpark....this steve guy wouldnt let me go till he told me how to look after it i love how they suggest us private keepers/dealers are shady...

They assume petshops take animal welfare over profit....just look at fighter fish....look at the enclosures they sell tiny expensive ones they make huge profits from need to upgrade 10x during an animals life...

I convinced my parents to get me a snake over 10 years ago until the reptile guy at kellyville pets told them to house a adult snake they would need to buy this enclosure with fake rocks, logs etc and the enclosure alone would be $1500....i got my first snake 4 years ago when i turnt 18 and got it myself...

What is wrong with meeting people at McDonalds?
They are always easy for the buyers to find, and I get to eat a Sundae while I am waiting :p
I suppose I should let every random person come to my home? oh wait then I will be blacklisted for not following quarantine protocols!

Appears it was the clincher for signing off on it.

at least they have care sheets and it is a restricted list. i'm shocked they did not include stimmi'e, eastern beardies and eastern water dragons.

why every other Morelia except a Diamond.

I know interstate stores have done this for a while with no problems but I don't understand why a pet store has all the regulation and cost but the 'amateur' breeder/seller can do so without the cost or regulation and not declare the revenue for tax?

how many stores actually sell reptiles interstate? Will we see Snake Ranch now open a store?

from my understanding..which is limited..... "amateur" breeder/seller is classed as a hobbyist and a hobby is tax free till it hit a certain $ amount($50,000 i think)..... that covers ALL hobbies

I think its a 5000 limit jacorin,might be 50,000 in the bahamas LOL

i was thinking that if they put all the reptiles that can be found in the wild locally whats to stop someone that owns a pair from poaching and saying they breed them just to make a quick buck and sell to a pet shop, maybe thats why they left diamonds, eastern beardies and eastern water dragons off the list.

align="center" style="width: 40%"
|-
| style="width: 242px" | Nephrurus levis levis
Pogona henrylawsoni
Pogona vitticeps
Tiliqua scincoides
Underwoodisaurus milii
|
|-

I think its great they didnt put Diamonds on it, they would be poached like no tomorrow.

hahaha I can think of someone straight off the top of my head. But Oh no, everyone else poaches NOT him..LOL
'It's all about the money, not the hobby'...lol

Cannot understand why no stimmies.

Windorahs mNSW and SA stimsons will become yellow childrens ,yellow ghosts, spotted ghosts ,wheatbelts will become red spotted childrens, easy fixed.

I think its a good thing they have left local species off the the list

It is very simple , vote with your wallet . Spend money in the good shops , avoid the bad ones . They will change or go out of business . There are good and bad shops , breeders and keepers .
it's easy to say vote with your wallet but newbies don't have the networks to inform them of good /bad shops so these people will be the ones to wear the brunt of bad shops so bad shops will continue whereas people in our position who have some experience or friends with advice wont get caught.

Will they be tolerating mixed blood jags, such as jungle jags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back