Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh ok kool I will stilk be going to breeders stuff paying 3x the price I saw a normal stimmie at pet shop nothing special and dull $495 hahahhaa
& they will include a kit plastic box HEAT ROCK repti clean hand sanitizer and sand and hide with bedding oh and a telescopic hook for an extra 50$ I laughed my head off when I saw this
from Cathy :)

I don't think these new laws (animal sales in pet shops) have been introduced to appease experienced keepers like yourself, it's more about introducing the uninitiated into the hobby, getting a wider audience, if you like.

I don't think these new laws (animal sales in pet shops) have been introduced to appease experienced keepers like yourself, it's more about introducing the uninitiated into the hobby, getting a wider audience, if you like.

Yep and potentially ripping them off and providing them with false information and accessories ie heatrocks.

it's more about introducing the uninitiated into the hobby, getting a wider audience, if you like.

No it is all about petshops trying to generate another income stream.They were the ones that lobbied for it,had they not then things would of stayed the same.

"Until now they have only been able to buy pets online or at reptile expos but not at reputable and well-established pet stores. This can be a baffling process for people wanting to take up the hobby."

lol this statement is a joke, i still rather buy off a breeder or a keeper than any pet shop.

This statement is actually true, yes id rather buy from a breeder as well. For someone just getting into the hobby it can be very confusing when they are forced to use forums for possibly the first time & the most common thing they could find (on gum tree etc) would be people selling them wild caughts.

No it is all about petshops trying to generate another income stream.They were the ones that lobbied for it,had they not then things would of stayed the same.

No argument from me there, but like I said - This hasn't been done to appease the experienced keeper in any way, or at least not as far as I can see.

i have been keeping since i was 4 i am 26 now. my partner has been keeping for a very long time but he can't read so he does not know as much. and he just believes everyone. he has been keeping pythons, dragons, geckos, turtles and lacies before even licences existed.

i had heard it was bad but i had never used one and thought it would not fail in less than 2 months.

were did you hear i have been keeping for under 3 years, in your dreams? 2 or 3 genus lol. i keep jungles, diamonds, bredli, woma, water pythons, black heads, darwins, spotted, childrens, coastals, MD, water dragons, eastern beardies, central beardies, pygmy berdies, blue tongues, amyae, levis levis, milli, wheeleri, leaf tails, ridge tail monitors, netted dragon, binoei, angle headed dragons, eastern long necks, murray, saw shell's and krefts and i probably missed a few.

i have many books and read a lot, so i don't need to read. also if a car yard sells you a dodgy car and your driving and the brakes fail and they knew the brakes were bad and were gonna fail, they are liable.

you know nothing about me so pull your head out

Wait so your partner took the word of a pet store attendant over yours on the care of a bluetongue... but he didn't know how to care for a bluetongue even though he's been keeping reptiles since pre-license days. Something doesn't add up here?

He believes everything he's told except what you told him to get which was a light?

You have read many books and knew that the item was going to be no good yet continued to use it... You said it had no heat. It's a bluetoungue, I would dare say endemic to your area, you could have thrown that thing in a pit outside in winter and it would have survived or have you not covered that in any of the text you have read yet....

It just don't add up?

Last edited:
what can i say he doesn't listen very well. and he has never kept blue tongues, they are mine. i told him to get a heat light, i never said anything about a rock but wen he got their they told him a heat rock was better for a blue tongue so he bought it.

he hates that i know more than him and tell him what to do, so he does the oppisite alot, one stubborn man.

inside does get cold, so i wanted to offer some heat. i don't have a pit, but am in the proccess of putting up a few outdoor enclosures up but for eastern water dragons and eastern bearded dragons at the moment.

its my choice to keep them indoors, i knew it was bad but i DID NOT KNOW it would fail so quickly. i thought it would be ok for at least 3 months. thats why i decided to use it.

i have been keeping since i was 4 i am 26 now. my partner has been keeping for a very long time but he can't read so he does not know as much.

Maybe it's a good thing that he can't read. If he knew the way you talk about him to strangers, I don't think he'd be happy.

^^^wow that's constructive. How about acknowledging that she now understands the danger of heat rocks and leaving it at that.

Maybe it's a good thing that he can't read. If he knew the way you talk about him to strangers, I don't think he'd be happy.

lol, he knows and he agrees he does not listen and is stuborn. and wen i try telling him it goes in one ear and out the other.

I have been keeping since i was 4 i am 26 now. my partner has been keeping for a very long time but he can't read so he does not know as much. and he just believes everyone. he has been keeping pythons, dragons, geckos, turtles and lacies before even licences existed.

i did not buy it as i said hubby does not read and so i buy all the stuff, and he is gulible

what can i say he doesn't listen very well. he hates that i know more than him and tell him what to do, so he does the oppisite alot, one stubborn man.

lol, he knows and he agrees he does not listen and is stuborn. and wen i try telling him it goes in one ear and out the other.

he's not working ( at the moment)
wanting me to work fulltime i gotta baby he is lazy i can't trust him with my child, he is hopless. everytime i have left him with her she falls or gets into things he leaves on the floor e.g fishing hooks, cans of drink. she is 20 months old. or she gets out the front door and is walking up the road and he doesn't even know were she is. MEN absolutly hopless.

wow.. what are you telling us here? that even though your partner has been keeping for a very long time "even before licences existed" that he doesn't have a clue, is gullible, hopeless, stubborn, lazy, you can't trust him with your child and he doesn't listen to correct reptile advice?? :shock:

If all thats correct (and I'm not doubting you) I'd be worried about the care that your reptiles are getting as he's probably helping look after them, since you said yourself you can't trust him with your child, he's hopeless, doesn't listen and does the opposite to your advice. From your own admissions, your home sounds a very unstable and worrying environment. I really hope things improve for you, your reptiles and child. all the best.

he does know alot about certain species he has kept and keeps. but as i said you can't change a stuborn person. that last quote was from another post the describe your day in 3 words one and i was having a bad day. yeah we have our problems just like everyone else.

my pets and my child get the best care from ME. i do everything for them. i have never expected his help or help from any male. he can be great at times and bad others.

you don't don't know me, but a certain few APS keyboard warriors like to have a go at me. go find something else better to do as you's have derailed this whole thread and its completly off topic.

yeah completly off topic, fake pic as it aint mine and i am shocked they haven't deleted it yet.

That picture is horrible. I hope these birds don't belong to anyone on the forum.

Saintanger, who said it was yours ? & what do you mean 'fake pic'?

Whoever owns those Birds should be bloody disgusted with themselves!
How anyone can keep any animal in such inadequate conditions has me baffled.

hmm,. Strange the pics have since been deleted either someone following this thread or a HUGE coincidence?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back