Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasdevil

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just bought my first diamond python, but I'm not sure if it is 100% pure. Do you suppose guys this baby ( around 2 months old ) is
pure and not a hybrid....

qFwJCX6.jpg

[OriginalHostedIMG]http://www.palacio.ph/other_pics/diamondpython.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd say that is a diamond either way its,
gonna be a cracker when it get older!!

what makes you think its a hybrid?

It looks alot different in appearance with an adult :-( Also I never got to see the parents of this hatchling since I think the seller ( Camo's Reptiles ) only got it from another breeder, but Camos seems to be a reputable seller :)

It looks alot different in appearance with an adult :-( Also I never got to see the parents of this hatchling since I think the seller ( Camo's Reptiles ) only got it from another breeder, but Camos seems to be a reputable seller :)

How is that legal? unless you breed the snakes or have a very good reason then there is a 6 month time limit between buying and selling reptiles.

Baby pythons look nothing like their adult forms so I wouldn't get too worried about that. Once it grows up you may have a better idea but you may never be 100% sure. To me, it looks like some baby diamonds that I have seen however, since I live in NQ I don't see too many diamonds.

How is that legal? unless you breed the snakes or have a very good reason then there is a 6 month time limit between buying and selling reptiles.
.....I don't know...maybe I miss understood :-(

I think in Queensland it may be legal if you seek approval with special circumstances. Usually not allowed though as you have pointed out.

definetely diamond and a nice looking one at that. one of the cool things about raising a diamond is watching s brown young unnatractive hatchling turn into a spectacular adult. by the looks of that youngin it has the makings of becoming a cracker of an adult

but camos isnt in qld....
You mean tasdevil? I would assume that he might be from Tasmania but it does not say in his profile so I couldn't be sure. And Geckojosh is from NSW so I am not sure what the rules are there either and said "usually not allowed" as a lot of places do not allow it.

You mean tasdevil? I would assume that he might be from Tasmania but it does not say in his profile so I couldn't be sure. And Geckojosh is from NSW so I am not sure what the rules are there either and said "usually not allowed" as a lot of places do not allow it.
tasmania cant have any snakes that arnt from tassie , bit like wa , so i doubt his in tas and if he is than the question is how did he get his hands on a diamond ;)

the seller~ camo's is in Sydney. so he cannot onsell animals he has had for less than 6 months. it really doesn't matter where the OP is.

tasmania cant have any snakes that arnt from tassie , bit like wa , so i doubt his in tas and if he is than the question is how did he get his hands on a diamond ;)
I guess thatg leaves even more speculation to the location of the OP and what set of rules apply.

the seller~ camo's is in Sydney. so he cannot onsell animals he has had for less than 6 months. it really doesn't matter where the OP is.
Fair enough, I am not familiar with Camo's Reptiles and put 2 and 2 together and got the wrong answer.

As long as hes had diamonds on books for more thsn 6 months, he has onsold 1 of them. Hardest thing would be to prove he hadnt had it for 6 months

Looks pure to me. Baby diamonds have much larger rossetts than the adults (It appears they have blotches). As the age the rossetts become smaller, neater and more 'crisp' and looking like diamonds.

Google pics of 2mo diamond hatchies if you are un-sure but IMO looks pure :) Nice pick-up btw

As long as hes had diamonds on books for more thsn 6 months, he has onsold 1 of them. Hardest thing would be to prove he hadnt had it for 6 months

That Diamond isnt 6 months old lol
Just bought my first diamond python, but I'm not sure if it is 100% pure. Do you suppose guys this baby ( around 2 months old ) is
pure and not a hybrid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back