What camera to get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$450 Lens.
$200 Second Hand DSLR Body.

72139_495764911728_4685439_n.jpg

228183_10150267577771729_4545999_n.jpg

164667_10151836594061729_878922243_n.jpg

Using a Flash unit.
11534_200689756728_8135070_n.jpg

:)

One big factor that you should consider when buying a camera is warranty. It highly recommended that you get a unit that has an Australian warranty ( not store warranty ). To give you an idea about grey imports..Read this:

Buying Cameras From Overseas ...What is "Grey Market"? :: General Blog « AustralianLight - Fine Art Landscape Photography and Framed Prints

To make you decide easier just get either Canon or Nikon. Those two are the most popular and reliable. They are also a good platform to grow on. I'am a Nikon user for the past 6 years and so far I'am very happy with them :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, whats a great common macro lens for reptile photography(canon EF-S fitting) also will I need a separate flash(speedlite) ? If so what sort of features should I be looking for?

Canon do two 100mm macro lenses and I've owned both. One L series and one not. I used the standard 100mm for a long time and was very happy with it, the only reason I upgraded was because I broke my original. Can pick them up new for about $500 online from memory. You can get by with the onboard flash but one or two externals work a lot better. Sort your body and glass out first, have a play with it, learn how to use it and buy a couple of speedlights later.

Canon do two 100mm macro lenses and I've owned both. One L series and one not. I used the standard 100mm for a long time and was very happy with it, the only reason I upgraded was because I broke my original. Can pick them up new for about $500 online from memory. You can get by with the onboard flash but one or two externals work a lot better. Sort your body and glass out first, have a play with it, learn how to use it and buy a couple of speedlights later.

If you must go Canon, what he said.

So the canon 100mm sounds like the way to go? I found a few cheaper ones than $500 on eBay. Thanks for your help everyone, really appreciate it !

So the canon 100mm sounds like the way to go? I found a few cheaper ones than $500 on eBay. Thanks for your help everyone, really appreciate it !

The 100mm is a good all rounder. The only time I find it annoying is when shooting larger, fast Elapids. You have to stand a bit further away to fit them in the frame so your that step further away when they take off and you have to catch them again. Not a huge issue but the only one I've really had.

100mm lens is fixed. That's why it's so sharp: zooms are typically softer than a fixed lens.

Home - My Camera Focus is a good option if you want grey import gear. They are Australian (WA) based, so you have someone to actually talk to if you have issues.

-Henry

If its not Nikon don't bother getting anything. Canon and canon users are the absolute worst. Kinda like android users..... Long live Nikon and Apple :p

If its not Nikon don't bother getting anything. Canon and canon users are the absolute worst. Kinda like android users..... Long live Nikon and Apple :p

considering you're in WA, you probably know Niall. You sound exactly like him completely opppositely ! he's full on into canon and forced me into getting a canon camera and now and stuck on them :)

i dont think it realy matters comes down to personal preference. i have a canon 5d and its good enough for me... iv also had 5xiphones (2x#3, 2#4, 1#5) sadly none of them live so long :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

i dont think it realy matters comes down to personal preference. i have a canon 5d and its good enough for me... iv also had 5xiphones (2x#3, 2#4, 1#5) sadly none of them live so long :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
must be a user error. I get one every new model and never had a problem yet. And that's taking them to work on mine sites as well as camping, cycling, bush walking even swimming with my h20 audio cover.

i refuse to buy apples products, i once bought an ipod cost me $380 wen it first came out then stopped working 2 months later and wen it was working it had issues. i find a cheap $30 one works better,

my partner has gone through 3 iphones in 2 years while i have had my android for 2 years and it still works perfectly and its been droped gotten wet ect $99 it cost me.

i have a canon 600d plus twin lens kit i bought last year for $1100 and its great, great photos so many options. i just love it.

i have just bought a Sony a57 just waiting for delievery, have a 28-300 lens waiting for it here, will see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back