Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGECKO

Reaction score
What species of reptile could I put in this tank it was set up for a barking gecko but I can't find any for sale so I was opening my options a bit more with other species

so what could u put in here?image.jpg

it looks small but I had to crop it
so the picture is only about 1/2 of the floor space there and then there is the height :)

Yes, but i had to zoom in so I could post the picture but I know it looks a bit to much like a rainforest when they live in arid areas if Australia. Do you know what species the setup might suit ?

There is a water bowl, shedding area with damp fake moss, a hide of bark, a few sticks, and decorative plants

Is that the Nano you mentioned in the other thread you just started?
I wouldn't keep any ground dwelling geckos in it.

Mate Im sorry to say the nano is just too small for reptiles. You could probably keep young Gex in there for a while but that's about it.

I keep my strophs (ciliaris) in 60 x 60 x 60

PS - if that works for you redink good on ya :)

Last edited:
Hi Red-ink how did you set up your terrarium because mine has nearly no room and strophs seem to be a standard sized gecko ?

Hi Red-ink how did you set up your terrarium because mine has nearly no room and strophs seem to be a standard sized gecko ?

Old pic but that's how my old rack looked... that's a nano on the right hand side and hatchling tubs in between. That shelf fits 4 nanos side by side, the tubs on top are neph enclosures. I now have a new rack but it is exactly the same design with the hatchling tubs at another shelf on the bottom. The enclosures are nicer too as I have background wall paper on them now and some more decor.

Last edited:
You could probably house a sand swimmer in there. Mind you, just one. And then you'd have to change the layout and stuff in there. Or you could always catch a little fence skink and see how he goes in it! :)

true. didn't think that one through.
try an asian house gecko instead then. No one cares about them.

Last edited:
don't poach anything, if its native and you get caught you could loose your licence and face fines, if its exotic you could get charged with keeping exotics and still face lossing your licence.

bynoes geckos are very small, so 1 or 2 might be fine or try a small climbing species that could use the hight of the enclosure to climb.

In Queensland there are six lizard species that you are allowed to collect for food purposes. I recently read this and was surprised.

yes but this person doesnt own any lizards/snakes that need to be given skinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back