Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crappy story incoming...

Last year my mum needed a lung transplant... that went badly. She passed away after months in intensive care.

During that time Dad started having heart attacks. Both parents in intensive care at the same time.

Fast forward to now and dad is due for open heart surgery so severe that just a few years ago it wouldn't be able to be done. Double bypass, new valve and a couple of other things that make the operation difficult due to the amount of time the heart will be stopped.

I'm 24. Hopefully this is the end of all the illness in the family for a few years at least!

That's pretty rough mate. I hope your dad pulls though ok!

My vent for a Friday afternoon.

People who call businesses and assume that you should know who they are by the sound of their voice, and then try to have patronizing conversations on why you should have recognised their voice in the first place.
I don't think its just me that doesn't remember the sound of every single persons voice that they might have ever spoke with.

Crappy story incoming...

Last year my mum needed a lung transplant... that went badly. She passed away after months in intensive care.

During that time Dad started having heart attacks. Both parents in intensive care at the same time.

Fast forward to now and dad is due for open heart surgery so severe that just a few years ago it wouldn't be able to be done. Double bypass, new valve and a couple of other things that make the operation difficult due to the amount of time the heart will be stopped.

I'm 24. Hopefully this is the end of all the illness in the family for a few years at least!
:( so sad to hear.....I really hope it all gos well.

my whinge:
spend all yesterday studying and say to my housemate (doing the same course as me) "lets just get food from that indian place round the corner, gives us more tome to study"
today: Missed my mid-semester exam cause i've got gastro :/
I agree with the others lol that little ninja turtle rocks! :p

I went to donate blood and they said to go have lunch first as it would make me feel better. Driving one block up the road (bad weather) and I get pulled over by the cops and get a $298 fine for not wearing my seatbelt... That will teach me.

I need to learn patience, be guided by the behaviour of my little Elliott, and stop second guessing myself!!
His click-clack is in the coldest room in the house (because it is dark and quiet), so it gets down to about 5 degrees overnight at the moment (and getting worse).

The temps at the hot end are 33 on top of the double sheet of kitchen paper, 35 between the sheets (HA, see what I did there?), and 41 directly on the plastic. The cold end is about 19 degrees on the plastic, and about 24 on top of the paper. So he has a thermal gradient, and was happily snuggled up inside his doona all day after eating his second (count 'em, 2) fuzzie in less than a week, but all my brain can see is "too hot down one end, too cold down the other".

Once he is feeding, and handling, and not freaking out I want to put his click-clack in the new tank I am building the background for, allowing me to heat up the air in there to around 25 or so (saves me heating the whole room, huh?), but since I am about to render the background, I need access to the tank to make sure it all fits, and don't want to be disturbing him.

Too many ideas, that all want to happen now.

Patience, grasshopper.......

I need to learn patience, be guided by the behaviour of my little Elliott, and stop second guessing myself!!
His click-clack is in the coldest room in the house (because it is dark and quiet), so it gets down to about 5 degrees overnight at the moment (and getting worse).

The temps at the hot end are 33 on top of the double sheet of kitchen paper, 35 between the sheets (HA, see what I did there?), and 41 directly on the plastic. The cold end is about 19 degrees on the plastic, and about 24 on top of the paper. So he has a thermal gradient, and was happily snuggled up inside his doona all day after eating his second (count 'em, 2) fuzzie in less than a week, but all my brain can see is "too hot down one end, too cold down the other".

Once he is feeding, and handling, and not freaking out I want to put his click-clack in the new tank I am building the background for, allowing me to heat up the air in there to around 25 or so (saves me heating the whole room, huh?), but since I am about to render the background, I need access to the tank to make sure it all fits, and don't want to be disturbing him.

Too many ideas, that all want to happen now.

Patience, grasshopper.......
wax on wax off LOL give it time u will get there 8)

Had a bloke with a bredli try and tell me it wasn't a central carpet python, but a "Centrillian python" (or something like that)
On site the other day.
I tried to tell him, but his mate (who told him that) has heaps of reptiles, so must know more:rolleyes:
Even though they are the only pythons i keep, so i think i would know.....

Had a bloke with a bredli try and tell me it wasn't a central carpet python, but a "Centrillian python" (or something like that)
On site the other day.
I tried to tell him, but his mate (who told him that) has heaps of reptiles, so must know more:rolleyes:
Even though they are the only pythons i keep, so i think i would know.....

they are called centralian pythons as well.

Last edited:
they are called centralian pythons as well.

a quick google will show that.

Ahhk fair enough, only know them as central carpets or bredlis.....
Actually i did google it, but only showed Moreilia bredli, or central carpet python though......
Don't like going off half cocked, but it seems i did.
I read the daily telegraph to much you see.:lol:

Last edited:
Called out to a local tourist park. They told me they had a Taipan in the cafeteria. Unfortunately I was too busy at work so passed the call on to another catcher. Got a message from her a little later....the taipan turned out to be a Common Tree Snake and they had already killed it!! Grrrrr If you do the right thing and call someone why kill it before they get there!!

Grrrrr If you do the right thing and call someone why kill it before they get there!!

I feel your pain. I had an encounter with another wanton killer of wildlife this morning. I looked out the window and saw a cat attacking a small skink on my front driveway. When I ran out the door, the cat bolted. Judging by the rustling noise in a garden bed nearby, I assume the skink managed to escape as well. I really hope it wasn't injured because there's probably not much hope for it if it was.

I checked the council website to see what the rules are about cats. They advise owners to keep the cat indoors at night "so that it cannot get into fights with other cats, get runover, or hunt wildlife". Stupid, half-baked advice. Do they really think that cats won't do any of those things during the day?

Make it compulsory for cats to be kept indoors or in secure cat runs at all times, I say!

Recently had a guy try to sell me a month old 'hypo' bredli. It hadnt even coloured up yet so there was no way to tell if it was truly going to be a hypo. On top of that, one of the parents was a classic! Grrr....

Another brag from me lol my eldest has started working with hubby full time.....so far so good I really hope this works 8):D

lol Endeavour it could get dirty.....or be short lived lol time will tell! i think it will be interesting :)

Omg u poor thing....were you home when they broke in?

be good ;) and have fun!

Ive been rat shopping for my coastal and updated my profile pic lol yay Oh and i had a big bubble bath with my 5 yr old who kinda made me smile lol i went to hop out only to have him say 'mummy please dont hop out you always take all of the water' :lol: i was like oh umm ok i will run you some more lol if i dont laugh i will cry!

the photos you put up of your coastals are great you have good looking snakes!

Called out to a local tourist park. They told me they had a Taipan in the cafeteria. Unfortunately I was too busy at work so passed the call on to another catcher. Got a message from her a little later....the taipan turned out to be a Common Tree Snake and they had already killed it!! Grrrrr If you do the right thing and call someone why kill it before they get there!!

thats rediclious i would have a go at them and make a great deal about that even killing venomous snakes i believe is bad thats how most snakebit deaths occour in australia. and for it to turn out as a tree snake is pure stupidity i have a tree snake myself and yeah they do look brown at times but the underside is usaully yellow or colourful so its not hard to tell its not a taipan!

Don't you just hate those know-it-all's and smart alecs on this site!

yes i hate them, i call then ex-perts meaning once was bigger than a drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Up here, to the layman any snake with a yellow belly is a taipan.

Kids in the CBD on school holidays and people who stop at the bottom of escalators.... These are my hates today...

Thanks for dealing with the kids Snowman :) It makes my arvo drive home so much quicker and easier with all the mums off the road!
Hahaha. Can wait for them to go back to school. The line was out the door where I usually get lunch today.... Stupid kids :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back