Bike Suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad was short and he had a Ducati multistrada 1200. It was a great bike to ride with heaps of power. I own a Harley but it has a lot of work done on it and I would not recomend it for a daily commuter as it is expensive on fuel , built for the open road and there is a lot of cleaning and polishing to keep it looking nice. I use mine mainly for a weekend rider. To those who say Harley's are slow either do not know how to ride them or have a standard motor. The only thing that slows me down around corners is on right hand corners my exhaust scrapes on the road.

I hear ya andynic07, i had the 1990 FLSTC 1340 Heritage Softail Classic for about 9 years and would not ride anything else anymore, you are right about the cleaning though, if it could be chromed i had it chromed except the saddlebags and tank roll, but like you it was a weekend bike only before that i had the 1.1 yammy Martini in full highway trim, i could easily hit 220 on the yammy but the HD used to suffer too much CD lift in the front end over 190 and it would shimmy badly. if the OP has a few bucks to chuck at something for commuting and balls to the ground excitement on weekends then check out the new Kwaka W800, it has everything you are looking for and more...................Ron

Harly Davidson all the way have a look at the iron it may convert you from the sports bikes the street bob is pure sex
I don't think a sportsbike rider would ever convert to a slow, primitive, noisy, and uncomfortable cast iron contraption like a Harley - the only thing they have going for them is a misguided cult following... :)

Jamie

I like the suzuki gs500 naked. A copper mate has one and swears by it.

Once again, thanks for the replies. I took a GSR750 for a spin yesterday and absolutely bloody loved it! The retuned engine has much more usable power than a sports bike (especially in traffic) and it was super easy and comfortable to ride. At the moment that's definitely in the lead

Nice choice in bike mate, can't go wrong with that choice!

I went from a cruiser (Vstar 1300) to an SV1000s (Suzuki) reasonable money second hand being a vtwin the torque curve is linear and it doesnt do anything stupid unless you want it to. Im pretty vertcally challanged myself and i can still put my feet down comfortably on this. Seating position isnt full on sports so decently comfortable to ride. And you will turn up at work smiling EVERY time.

Clearly some one has never raced a v-rod

You can actually race a Harley??? I'm a BMW K1300S and S1000RR man myself (don't like the boxers at all...) - they are fantastic machines, and the 1300S is suitable for a 64yo like myself to spend 8-10 hours in the saddle without being a cripple at the end of a long day... The RR is simply breathtaking when you have room to move :)! Although both are in the close to 200hp range, they are still very torquey and great commuters (2012 RR has had a lot of work in this regard - no loss of performance, but much more tractable at low speeds), each of them. The 1300 is my daily ride, and it is quite easy for me to do Port Macquarie-Sydney return in a day.

I know they are both very high-tech, but I would sooner jump off the Harbour Bridge than be forced onto a Harley. On the highway up here, most machines are Harleys or BMWs, and the Harley riders ALWAYS ignore anyone who isn't riding one of their heaps of cast iron, but the other riders of all colours wave as we pass. Methinks a misguided sense of superiority... :)

Each to his own I guess...

Jamie

You can actually race a Harley??? I'm a BMW K1300S and S1000RR man myself (don't like the boxers at all...) - they are fantastic machines, and the 1300S is suitable for a 64yo like myself to spend 8-10 hours in the saddle without being a cripple at the end of a long day... The RR is simply breathtaking when you have room to move :)! Although both are in the close to 200hp range, they are still very torquey and great commuters (2012 RR has had a lot of work in this regard - no loss of performance, but much more tractable at low speeds), each of them. The 1300 is my daily ride, and it is quite easy for me to do Port Macquarie-Sydney return in a day.

I know they are both very high-tech, but I would sooner jump off the Harbour Bridge than be forced onto a Harley. On the highway up here, most machines are Harleys or BMWs, and the Harley riders ALWAYS ignore anyone who isn't riding one of their heaps of cast iron, but the other riders of all colours wave as we pass. Methinks a misguided sense of superiority... :)

Each to his own I guess...

Jamie
Sounds like you are the one with the superiority complex. I ride a Harley and I know my place in the motorbike food chain which is no where near the top[. My cast iron heap with its many alloy parts actually gets along quite fast for what it is and I am under no assumption that I am on a sport bike but can straight line race quite a few and even through the corners match some because they do not know how to lean. I am guessing that you have never ridden a Harley let alone in a group of 200 thumping bikes, it is good fun without the need to be on a race track. I am sorry that you feel that Harley riders have a superiority complex but I think if you got to know some you would find us down to earth.

It all comes down to how good you can ride. A stock Harly Davidson are a grate blank canvas to bild up how you want it there such a simple moters that reAly put out what you want there is no two Harleys the same that are over the age of 1 year they are made to customise if you want a quick bike that can reAly get up n going n can corner like ya sport bikes there's the sportster 883

I have a 2010 Hyosung GT650R, learner approved under LAMS, great bike to ride looks good IMO, I plan on keeping it even after I get my full licence

It all comes down to how good you can ride. A stock Harly Davidson are a grate blank canvas to bild up how you want it there such a simple moters that reAly put out what you want there is no two Harleys the same that are over the age of 1 year they are made to customise if you want a quick bike that can reAly get up n going n can corner like ya sport bikes there's the sportster 883
Or the 1200 sporty or even better the 883 sporty with the 1200 heads.

I have a 2010 Hyosung GT650R, learner approved under LAMS, great bike to ride looks good IMO, I plan on keeping it even after I get my full licence
Not a bad bike but yet to prove the test of time, only time will tell. I rode my brother in laws Hyosung 250R and found it very under powered but it had been a long time since I had ridden a 250

Sounds like you are the one with the superiority complex. I ride a Harley and I know my place in the motorbike food chain which is no where near the top[. My cast iron heap with its many alloy parts actually gets along quite fast for what it is and I am under no assumption that I am on a sport bike but can straight line race quite a few and even through the corners match some because they do not know how to lean. I am guessing that you have never ridden a Harley let alone in a group of 200 thumping bikes, it is good fun without the need to be on a race track. I am sorry that you feel that Harley riders have a superiority complex but I think if you got to know some you would find us down to earth.

I did write that to be a bit tongue in cheek... but had a glass of red inside me by then, so was probably a bit challenging... :)! I've been thinking that maybe the reason why Harley riders don't acknowledge riders of other machines is because they always have open face helmets, and maybe can't actually see very much, and the reason they wave to other Harley riders is because they can hear them coming from about 3km ahead...

Just kidding...

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back