show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice choices, the Red tail black is next on my list, as well as the red vented blue bonnet and a black capped lori :) beautiful birds. I don't think u'd have much of a chance finding a breeder of kookaburras tho.

great taste :p yes but hopefully I'll have enough kookas in the wild around me where I live.

Definitely possible the outcome may change! I've fallen in love with red tailed black cockatoos, rainbow lorikeets and quaker parrots. Although I'm very fond of kookaburras :) I love some others but those are within a fair price range!

Just know that a cockatoo is a LOT of bird compared to a lorikeet or quaker. Both size/noise wise and with the amount of mental stimulation/contact time you need to be able to provide. I am slowly adding species info to my listing on my site, takes a lot of time moving it from notebook onto the site though and I don't have much so slow going. I have a little on quakers though so check it out The Witty Parrot

Just know that a cockatoo is a LOT of bird compared to a lorikeet or quaker. Both size/noise wise and with the amount of mental stimulation/contact time you need to be able to provide.

Yeah thanks. I understand this and won't be getting one till i've moved out of home haha :) planning in advance! But cheers anyway

He's gorgeous Albino!!! What a stunning bird. Hmm maybe there's another bird on my list? Haha.
Hows he going as far as handling, learning etc? If you don't mind me asking.

Here's a few updated pics of Taz :)

Very nice :)

Elmo helping in the kitchen....

6ehuhydy.jpg

Danny taking care of weights and measures

a8ysysud.jpg

More measuring....

a2edabyr.jpg

And finishing off with the obligatory cuddles....

7yhubeja.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's gorgeous Albino!!! What a stunning bird. Hmm maybe there's another bird on my list? Haha.
Hows he going as far as handling, learning etc? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks :) yeah Majors deserve a spot on the wishlist that's for sure.
He is such a sook now, he loves his cuddles and playtime, can be very affectionate at times but only to me or my mum, no one else can really touch him except on the odd occasion he'll let them give him a small scratch through the cage bars other then that he will eat them haha. I have taught him wave, shake (bobs head on cue), recall, bow (newest trick) and he's almost harness trained. This bird keeps me on my toes haha.

Thanks also Stevo, I love ur two. :)

keep the pictures coming there amazing:) i have a small aviary and would really like to get a small parrot or some small native birds but mum not to keen can we get photo of outdoor aviaries ??

keep the pictures coming there amazing:) i have a small aviary and would really like to get a small parrot or some small native birds but mum not to keen can we get photo of outdoor aviaries ??

+1 I'd love to see some of the cages and aviaries in particular that these birds are kept in!

This may be a very dumb question but may aswell be sure. Does anyone know whether plum-headed parakeets are illegal in Australia, specifically Victoria? I looked on the DSE licence list but couldn't seem to find them and assumed they were illegal but when I searched for them in google there were australian bird forums, pages and gumtree ads (yes not reliable at all) talking about them etc.
Just thought I'd see if anyone knew. Maybe I was just having a bad look :/ haha

Cheers guys!

This may be a very dumb question but may aswell be sure. Does anyone know whether plum-headed parakeets are illegal in Australia, specifically Victoria? I looked on the DSE licence list but couldn't seem to find them and assumed they were illegal but when I searched for them in google there were australian bird forums, pages and gumtree ads (yes not reliable at all) talking about them etc.
Just thought I'd see if anyone knew. Maybe I was just having a bad look :/ haha

Cheers guys!

Not illegal. Not on the DSE licence list because they're exotic, not native.

The big and small ends of the scale in our house :-D

yvuma6y2.jpg

Great pic :)

Another one of Elroy. He was "helping" me with a macro shoot.

8930379472_ac77722f5b_b.jpg

Elroy is the spitting image of my boy Rio , ive attached a pic of my girl too. Great pic of Elroy.

Attachments

• wuru (640x559).jpg
    wuru (640x559).jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0837 (640x497).jpg
    IMG_0837 (640x497).jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 72
  • rio (456x640).jpg
    rio (456x640).jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 70
a couple of new pics of my girl Laverne i got an ecky too but he is looking rather scruffy of late as he is a bit of a plucker.

Attachments

• IMG_1211 (475x640).jpg
    IMG_1211 (475x640).jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1210 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1210 (640x480).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 96
Beautiful guys and gals Sarah. Out of curiosity what do your hahns weigh in at? Up in Qld I have seen some large "hahns" that I think have had a bit of noble macaw mixed in with them at some stage. One in particular would be about 170g which is far outside the typical weight range of hahns.

Yours look about the same as Elroy. He is 150ish grams (sometimes slightly more).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back