Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and one more thing. The WWZ movie. GOOD LORD what happened to this awesome story? Hollywood wrecks everything once again.

You poor thing Sez :( I hope it works out the best way that it can. :cry:

My rant: I had a "debate" with my partner yesterday, during which I found out that he's opposed to gay marriage and the right of gays to have/raise children. The worst part was he couldn't even give me a decent reason why. It really bothered me, and I think I figured out that I have a huge issue with him (or anyone really) thinking they have the right to impinge on anyone else's happiness, especially when it has no tangible effect on them whatsoever. Personally I'm not a huge fan of babies, and given how overpopulated the planet is, I think the less people that are having them the better, but to be honest, his idiotic homophobic ranting really just made me want to go find a gay couple to act as a surrogate for just to spite him.

I had a similar argument with my sister the other day. She's opposed to gay marriage because 'it just doesn't feel right' to her. Who gives a toss what feels right to her when it has absolutely nothing to do with her. It's such a non-issue that you needn't have an opinion on it at all unless you're gay.

Sorry to hear about your poor dog Sezzzzzzzzzz and hope that your daughter gets better soon. I hate when it seems that all the bad things are happening at once.

my rant for today, my dog got bitten by a spider sunday night. dunno what type of spider but this is the 3rd time this has happened. her neck swelled up into a golf ball sized mass and she is a tiny chihuahua. all vets were closed sunday night so i took her in monday morning. antibiotics and a quartezone cream. now the mass has opened up and all this pus and gunk came out but the scab has only opened up half way. so i have rung the vet and and will be taking her back on friday. vet said if it does not start healing up and the scab has not fallen off she will need an operation to remove the dead skin, clean it out and close it up. but at my dogs age 11 years old and her size just over 1 kg there is a risk she will not wake up. so will have to do blood tests and fluid treatment before putting her under.

water dragon decided he likes rubbing his face on his new metal out door enclosure and now has cut lip, so had to put him indoors again but the others r all fine.

my daughters birthday party is this week end and no cake shop around here makes giggle and hoot cakes so i had to buy all decorations online and got a custom made plain cake so i can do up myself.

my daughters birthday present i order a week ago has not arrived yet, $200 kids ride on car with a parental remote so i can drive her around as she is to young to drive herself.

and so over companies that charge over $700 for 1.5 hours for a birthday party for 22 kids wen i am paying for the cake and lolli bags ect. all they provide is the place and 3 nuggets and fries per kid. hope the little monster enjoys it.

I've had an absolute crap of a day.

Pretty sure that it couldnt get much worse. First, my dog refuses to come out from under the house. I was thinking , "poor old boy cant be bothered any more." Turns out that its not that he cant be bothered, simply that he cant, his back legs have given way.

Spend all night ringing vets, all emergency vets busy. Finally find one who is open, crawl under the house to get Blocka, try lifting him gently and it hurts him so much that he goes to bite me. Ring all the vets again, seeing if there are any that can come to my house to put him down, was advised to muzzle him and carry him etc- Which is very unhelpful while trying to get to a badly injured dog weighing 40kgs and sore and cranky in a dark crawlspace about 4 foot high, dripping in spiderwebs and every previous tenants junk whilst holding onto an iphone (only torch). Needless to say my poor dog is under the house still crying in pain. Hopefully I can get the vet to come here tomorrow (today, whatever).

Spend the rest of the night in tears.

oh and just to top off the day Lil Miss has woken up with the all too familiar bark that comes with a dose of Croup....

So tomorrow, i have to put my dog down, dig a hole to bury him in, take my daughter to the doctors and mourn my lovely big boy.

I'm so friggen over it at the moment. WTH else could possibly go wrong. Maybe a piano wil drop on my head....

Oh Sezzzzzzzzz, I am so so sorry to hear, you have my deepest condolences :(:(:( Keep your head up high and take everything the world throws at you.

my rant for today, my dog got bitten by a spider sunday night. dunno what type of spider but this is the 3rd time this has happened. her neck swelled up into a golf ball sized mass and she is a tiny chihuahua. all vets were closed sunday night so i took her in monday morning. antibiotics and a quartezone cream. now the mass has opened up and all this pus and gunk came out but the scab has only opened up half way. so i have rung the vet and and will be taking her back on friday. vet said if it does not start healing up and the scab has not fallen off she will need an operation to remove the dead skin, clean it out and close it up. but at my dogs age 11 years old and her size just over 1 kg there is a risk she will not wake up. so will have to do blood tests and fluid treatment before putting her under.

water dragon decided he likes rubbing his face on his new metal out door enclosure and now has cut lip, so had to put him indoors again but the others r all fine.

my daughters birthday party is this week end and no cake shop around here makes giggle and hoot cakes so i had to buy all decorations online and got a custom made plain cake so i can do up myself.

my daughters birthday present i order a week ago has not arrived yet, $200 kids ride on car with a parental remote so i can drive her around as she is to young to drive herself.

and so over companies that charge over $700 for 1.5 hours for a birthday party for 22 kids wen i am paying for the cake and lolli bags ect. all they provide is the place and 3 nuggets and fries per kid. hope the little monster enjoys it.

I hope your puppy gets better! Must be terrible going through that, praying for her safe and quick recovery! :)

I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it! All the hard work wears off! Well done for organising all of it and putting in the effort!

thanks, but all this in 1 week and i just want to explode.

sezzzzzzzzz sorry about your boy, lost my boy last year and it killed me inside at first but it will get better. just take one step at a time.

Saintanger, where are you taking your kid for a party that charges $30 a kid??? That seems excessive. Around here it's half that!

Sezzzzzzzzz, very sorry to hear about your dog. About a year ago I lost my dog of 17 years. Was a very tough time and I feel for you :(

Saintanger, where are you taking your kid for a party that charges $30 a kid??? That seems excessive. Around here it's half that!

lollipops playland funtastic party $234 for first 8 kids $23.90 for every kid after that, plus food platters for parents and soft drink i have to pay on top. and that is not even the most expensive one either.

lollipops playland funtastic party $234 for first 8 kids $23.90 for every kid after that, plus food platters for parents and soft drink i have to pay on top. and that is not even the most expensive one either.

Holey crap!! Bugger that, if I was looking at $700 for a birthday party I'd rather buy the kid an iPad and tell them they can have a couple of people over instead :)

I'd rent a HUGE bouncy castle ^.^ Stick a few balloons up with streamers and put some cheap party bags together. Few easy games (pass-the-parcel, pin the tail on the donkey, hide n' seek, treasure hunt and whatever else) Buy a few boxes of those party-pies, chips, lollies, drinks and chocolate and whalla! Instant birthday party!!! :D

she is turning 2 so no ipad and she had an ipod, i bought her a remote controlled ride on car that she can plug her ipod into while driving $270, and a few toys and some clothes. i guess since she is my only child i give her everything but she is a great kid.

i had a horrible day today, i have 2 lambs i keep on a property and got woken up at 7.50am with the owners kid bashing on my door screaming, your lambs are hurt they are bleeding. i literally jumped out of bed and went out to were they are kept to find they had been mulled by a neighbours red nosed pitbull and another dog of his. the dog tried to attack the lady who owns the place as she tried to protect my lambs. the dogs owner came out wen he heard all the noise called his dogs and locked one in the house and one in a cage. my husband went over to talk to him and he said "it was not my dogs and she should not have sheep here ect" after we saw his dogs and saw him call them and lock them up. i was fuming he threatened me, my husband and the lady who owns the property. his dogs dug under the fence into her property.

if he had been honest all i would have asked was that he be more careful with his dog and to pay the vet bill. but he wants to be a smarty pants no worries. i called the council ranger, who is now investigating and has told me this dog has done this before and he knows its a pitbull and sent them to assess this dog over another incident and the assesser said it was a sharpie cross staffy. but he told me he knows its a pitbull and that certain breed assessers take bribes. but that he can't prove it.

they called the cops on me after the pound visited them, cops said they could do nothing and speak to the council ranger ect.

so on the day i was ment to take my dog to the vet, i had to rush two lambs to another vet who deals with farm animals. they needed 3 needles each, anti biotics, and to have their faces and necks cleaned and wounds cleaned from all the blood and stitches.

found out from another neighbour that his dog jumped into her yard and attacked her german sherpard and that her dog beat his in the fight so he jumped the fence and baseball batted her dog, she tried to stop him so he put a hole in her wall and threw glass beer bottles at her and her kids. police and the ranger was called and nothing was done. i am so peeved.

its my little girls birthday tomorrow and i just want to have a nice day and then go home and catch up on sleep, is that to much to ask for?

I'd rent a HUGE bouncy castle ^.^ Stick a few balloons up with streamers and put some cheap party bags together. Few easy games (pass-the-parcel, pin the tail on the donkey, hide n' seek, treasure hunt and whatever else) Buy a few boxes of those party-pies, chips, lollies, drinks and chocolate and whalla! Instant birthday party!!! :D

my daughter has a big jumping castle with a slide and you can put water or balls in the bottom and thats a weekend toy to her. i wish it was that easy, but i rather pay to have it else were then have 22 kids run a muck and trash my house plus all their parents.

my daughter has a big jumping castle with a slide and you can put water or balls in the bottom and thats a weekend toy to her. i wish it was that easy, but i rather pay to have it else were then have 22 kids run a muck and trash my house plus all their parents.

I've got two kids, 4 and 7 and I would never even consider paying $700 for a 2nd birthday party. I hope she appreciates it :)

You're not having a good run saintanger :( Hope it gets better and the party goes well. I can sympathise with not having a party at your place, it can turn into a massive hassle.
If the opportunity arises, and the dog enters your property (or basically any private property) and is behaving in a threatening manner, I believe you have the right to shoot it. (I am assuming you live in a rural area, and you'd probably want to double check that before you go around shooting people's dogs)
I don't ordinarily think that's an appropriate course of action, I do love dogs, however in my opinion aggressive dogs (of ANY breed) that are not kept contained or are not managed accordingly have no place in society.

Given how aggressive the neighbour has already been acting, I would strongly advise against shooting his dog. Someone who throws glass bottles at children has serious issues.

Sez, I'm really sorry to hear about a your poor dog. I had to put my 12 year old Shepard down last year and it was the worst day of my life. Like yours, his back legs gave out and when he refused BBQ chicken, I knew it was all over. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

Brodie

Given how aggressive the neighbour has already been acting, I would strongly advise against shooting his dog. Someone who throws glass bottles at children has serious issues.

Yeah, just shoot the guy aswell.

I have a petty and childish hatred for Bindi Irwin. Being born into the privilege of living in a zoo and working with reptiles. Did nothing to earn it. Any time she's on the telly it goes straight off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back