Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a petty and childish hatred for Bindi Irwin. Being born into the privilege of living in a zoo and working with reptiles. Did nothing to earn it. Any time she's on the telly it goes straight off.

Haha! I'm the same! She irritates me so much!

I have a petty and childish hatred for Bindi Irwin. Being born into the privilege of living in a zoo and working with reptiles. Did nothing to earn it. Any time she's on the telly it goes straight off.

I completely agree. Lucky little so-and-so, flaunting her good fortune at everyone like that. I hate her so irrationally...

Perhaps use will live a more forfilling life if you were more grateful for the things do you have like a home/shelter, food and at the least Internet access. Many of the less well off and homeless could say the same thing about your privileges and the things we take for granted. Haters gana hate but this is a vent tread so go nuts lol.

I hate when a thread gets interesting and then is deleted. Nothing against the mods as they have to follow site rules and nothing against the site as they need to have these rules.

I hate alcoholics. By far the most pathetic people on this planet. I'd rather be a needle junkie. Nothing worse than someone who drowns themselves and others in their own misery. Grow a pair and sober up.

Bindi is just annoying as hell.

And it's like she wasn't raised as a kid and instead looks down on every other kid around her. Thinks she's better. Just because her dad was a famous conservationist and gets to make shows and be around cool animals. Grr. Little brat.

I hate alcoholics. By far the most pathetic people on this planet. I'd rather be a needle junkie. Nothing worse than someone who drowns themselves and others in their own misery. Grow a pair and sober up.

Strongly agree, mainly because I have been exposed to them as a child :evil: All were women too, I swear I will never touch alcohol in my life! After seeing what women look like drunk...it's just scary :( You don't need alcohol to be happy, you need herps ;)

I can't think of anything more intimidating than a pretty girl. I stopped buying durries at the corner store coz the cute girl there flirted with me. I'm a nerd!

Maybe not in a position to be lecturing on addictions?

Maybe not in a position to be lecturing on addictions?

Yeah smoking is a Million times worse than drinking. At least alcohol only hurts the person drinking it. Smoking hurts everyone who breathes that horrible filth in.

Ahh, but I'm not ss addicted to my ciggies as most. Smoking a pack once a fortnight is a bit different to downing a 4l cask a day like my dad.

I have been addicted to painkillers in a big way after my arm was severed., so maybe you're right. I just find alcoholics the most pathetic of them all. Like I said, I'd rather use heroin.

Ahh, but I'm not ss addicted to my ciggies as most. Smoking a pack once a fortnight is a bit different to downing a 4l cask a day like my dad.

I have been addicted to painkillers in a big way after my arm was severed., so maybe you're right. I just find alcoholics the most pathetic of them all. Like I said, I'd rather use heroin.

I didn't mean that I was in any position to be lecturing on addictions. I grew up with an alcoholic as well and she used to get drunk and give me and my sister a flogging on a regular basis. I swore I'd never drink but ended up developing problems with alcohol myself. I still enjoy a couple of beers here and there but have to be conscious of how much I'm drinking so that it doesn't become a problem. I was probably out of line commenting on your smoking but it's a subject that's close to home and your comment just seemed an off the cuff remark. I should have guessed you'd had similar experiences with family members.

I know what you mean about the pain killers. I had a ruptured intestine and ended up with a couple of pretty big operations and a decent amount of hospital time. I was on oxycontin, oxycodone, ketamine and morphine for varying lengths of time and when I came off them I felt like I was dying all over again. Not fun

Last edited by a moderator:

I think anyone on worst end of any addiction can be really bad. A mate of mine was a really bad heroin addict at one stage and I could not trust him with anything , he would steal anything from anyone to get his fix. I think as you have said , the addiction that you have had personal bad experiences with seems the worst to you. Ciggies are still not good for you mate even at a pack a fortnight but you need to give up when you are ready or it will not last.

Hey Skeptic,

I've been thinking aboutit, and this is probably the best way to explain how I feel about alchos.

I have nothing against addiction or addicts, I just despise people who choose alcohol. Smoking a cigarette doesn't turn me into a violent person. If I have one to many, I get a little nausea. I certainly don't start beating my wife or grandson. I'd much rather hangout with someone who smells like cigarettes, then someone who smells like grog, can't talk or walk straight or just acts like a typical drunk.

I really hate alcohol, but I guess my upbringing has a lot to be blamed for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing about heroin addicts...you see them on the street, you ignore them.

But put a microphone in their hands & you end up buying their albums & making them rich to support their habit.

And when they O.D. we remember them as martyrs, misunderstood & "ahead of their time."

Funny thing about heroin addicts...you see them on the street, you ignore them.

But put a microphone in their hands & you end up buying their albums & making them rich to support their habit.

And when they O.D. we remember them as martyrs, misunderstood & "ahead of their time."
Not sure which comes first with musicians, the addiction or the fame.

Ok...So when my son was about 2 1/2 yrs old, he was able to climb out of his cot or play-pen. I'd put him down for a nap, he'd pretend to go to sleep then when I left the room he'd be up & over the railing in a flash. This meant we had to move his cot into our bedroom & then lock the door at night ensuring that we could sleep safely knowing he was still in the bedroom & not roaming the apartment.

Anyway one morning I woke up with the nagging feeling that I slept through my mobile phone's alarm...only to find that my mobile wasn't on my bedside table where I always leave it.
I nudged my missus awake to check her phone for the time & to her surprise her phone wasn't where she left it either.

I gave my son a curious look & asked politely where my phone was.
He looked straight back at me with that innocent "You asked the question...you won't like the answer"-look & pointed to the window.
No point shouting or yelling at him, I could only sadly laugh....the kid had thrown my mobile out the window the moment the alarm went off.

My missus' reaction was totally the opposite to mine when she found out the kid had thrown her mobile out the window too.

Im annoyed that doctors so rarely tell you the side effects that the meds they put you on can have. Ive been to many docs and not one has mentioned the countless bad side effects ive had to suffer through (suicidal ideation as a side effect to anti-depressents? seems a bit backwards to me! haha). Im on cymbalta now to treat my anxiety and have found it a godsend, but at no point was i warned about how bad the withdrawals would be when i was through with my course. Despite being a well-educated, clever (i hope!) girl it really draws me into that old mindset of Big Pharma as the bad guy that has all our physicians on puppetstrings.

Im annoyed that doctors so rarely tell you the side effects that the meds they put you on can have. Ive been to many docs and not one has mentioned the countless bad side effects ive had to suffer through (suicidal ideation as a side effect to anti-depressents? seems a bit backwards to me! haha). Im on cymbalta now to treat my anxiety and have found it a godsend, but at no point was i warned about how bad the withdrawals would be when i was through with my course. Despite being a well-educated, clever (i hope!) girl it really draws me into that old mindset of Big Pharma as the bad guy that has all our physicians on puppetstrings.

While I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories to do with 'Big Pharma', for me Cymbalta was bad stuff. The withdrawals were crazy even an hour or two after the usual time of taking them and after a few months it just wasn't working. Getting off it was a LONG process. I bought empty capsules and literally counted out the grains to make up my own capsules to get off it. Each day a grain less. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back