Phobias

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, what creeps me out, lifts! That's right, they might have gone up and down thousands of times, but it's bound to be the time I get in that the whole thing will fall apart and I will go plummeting, exaggerated, yes.....

Two posts about agoraphobia. I have a bit of a fear of being agoraphobic. That would certainly add a challenge to life.

i have a phobia of being locked in the toilet. i was at my cousins house and i locked the toilet door..... turns out it doesn't unlock and i was stuck in there for about an hour till they busted the door down :D

Last edited:
heights which is a pretty normal phobia... sinking in deep mud and drowning/suffocating which is not so normal... and I cant walk over any type of grate or covering that is set in the ground knowing that there is no ground underneath which I guess is most irrational of all mine..

I can hold a red-back spider without breaking a sweat but if there is a moth in the same room as me I scream and will hide in another room until it is killed...moths are so bloody scary! I will jump screaming my head off if one flies near me :shock: Give me a spider any day <3

Especially Rain Moths. They were like 2 on every wall at my school.

Especially Rain Moths. They were like 2 on every wall at my school.

I could not go to that school :shock: I would be staring at the wall all day....just incase they move

Not really a phobia, but risotto is my most hated and the most disgust inducing thing I can ever imagine.
Creeps me the hell out.

Not really a phobia, but risotto is my most hated and the most disgust inducing thing I can ever imagine.
Creeps me the hell out.

Actually I can understand that! I think the texture of wheatbix and porridge is disgusting, can't eat it.

Im terrified of heights. And escalators. The ones going up are ok but the ones that go down, ill take the stairs instead. If i HAVE to use the ones going down I swear i look like borat did in the movie, all clinging to the side of it :?
the thought of a spider crawling on me gives me the creeps. and i hate big bull ants. ever since i dreamt that i pulled back the blankets on my bed and the bed was full of them.

lol

Talking about phobias today with some friends and thought it would make interesting conversation here. :D Feel free to post what you are afraid of, no judging! Personally I have a fear of jellyfish and the open ocean. :shock:

jellyfish, yep I hear you.
I do a fair bit of kayak fishing. About a year ago, about 2k off shore I saw movment next to me, looked in the water to see a whole heap of huge jellyfish around me!
Harmless I'm sure but it still makes my skin crawl thinking about it now!

My hubby has a phobia of knives :/ he can use them but if he's standing next to me and I lean across the bench to grab something with a knife in my hands he ***** out lol. Reckons that being stabbed to death would be the worst way to die, freaks him out something chronic :)for the record that above says f l i p s hahaha bleeped automatically

heights which is a pretty normal phobia... sinking in deep mud and drowning/suffocating which is not so normal... and I cant walk over any type of grate or covering that is set in the ground knowing that there is no ground underneath which I guess is most irrational of all mine..

I can't walk over drain's or them thing's after I saw someone fall in one once it just collapsed as he stood on it. When I walk through the city at peak hour sometimes and you can't really move to the side I always wait for people to cross them then I jump over them if I don't think I'll make the step. Everyone just stares at me and my girlfriend loves walking with me she always tries to push me on them while we walk -.-

My hubby has a phobia of knives :/ he can use them but if he's standing next to me and I lean across the bench to grab something with a knife in my hands he ***** out lol. Reckons that being stabbed to death would be the worst way to die, freaks him out something chronic :)for the record that above says f l i p s hahaha bleeped automatically

Your hubby and I could never be mates then, as I'm a knife collector, my other expensive hobby.

Send him round and ill give him a show and tell - and you can take my Misses to the butterfly house at Melbourne zoo! ;)

One of many-(pic dosent to it justice)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 118
Your hubby and I could never be mates then, as I'm a knife collector, my other expensive hobby.

Send him round and ill give him a show and tell - and you can take my Misses to the butterfly house at Melbourne zoo! ;)

One of many-(pic dosent to it justice)

Bahah, sounds like a plan :)

I have Ophidiophobia...
About a third of adult humans are ophidiophobic, making this the most common reported phobia.

Maggots & worms... the notion that some hospitals use maggots to eat the dead skin off your body gives me the creeps.

I can't walk over drain's or them thing's after I saw someone fall in one once it just collapsed as he stood on it. When I walk through the city at peak hour sometimes and you can't really move to the side I always wait for people to cross them then I jump over them if I don't think I'll make the step. Everyone just stares at me and my girlfriend loves walking with me she always tries to push me on them while we walk -.-

haha your girlfriend and my husband would make great friends, he tries to push me on them sometimes just for fun too... and thats why I have the phobia- the fear that ill step on one and it will collapse

Hahahaha I know a girl with the same fear of drains and the grates covering them. Then she injured her leg and sprained her wrist *facepalm I kmow* and was in a wheelchair so some friends and myself had to drive her and intentionally parked her right on top of a drain and left her there in public. hahahah it was hilarious. She couldn't control her fear and was just yelling for us. Hahahah.

I have a bad cause of claustrophobia...cannot stand confined spaces where I feel I cannot escape...and when I got stuck in an elevator at work 42 stories up at work in Melbourne for 25 minutes i freaked...until the lights went out in the elevator for 10 mins. Then I REALLY FREAKED. I was hyperventilating and sweating profusely. And to top it off I was by myself...I won't forget that experience. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back