Strange white lumps on gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a handful of marbled geckos 2 males 5 females.

I've noticed these strange white lumps on one of my female Marbled geckos (CT) there on her left wrist, on the underside of her left leg, and just away from her calcium patch on her neck...any help on what they are? I'm worried there little tumors or something. I've uploaded some pics to help.

She lost her tail due to one of the males biting it.

any help? I'm really worried about her

Attachments

• IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Sort of looks like calcium deposits but not normally so pronounced and normally there are only two, one each behind each ear. Could possibly some sort of parasite but since you have other geckos they would have them aswell.

i bought a gecko once a bynose and i never saw the bumps wen buying, wen i got him home and put him in his new tank i saw 3 white bumps but they stuck out more than yours on his stomache he died 2 weeks later. dunno if its the same thing or not.

so if anyone knows what it is would be great to know.

Thanks guys, I thought they might be tumors or something, she wasn't like this a few months ago...should i separate her from the others so they don't get infected?

Also her tail never grew back fully after it dropped, is this any thing to be concerned about?

Parasites can spread to other animals through crickets consuming infected faeces, I would remove her and give the enclosure a thorough clean out

These look like some sort oF parasite I seen them in other geckos before best to get it checked by vet that can remove them and give her some stuff to stop them from growing

im pretty sure they are calcium deposits but double check with a vet check up

I've thoroughly cleaned the tank out with hot water and the Vetafarm ready to use disinfect spray, I also cleaned all hides and the water bowl. I removed all the substrate (kritters crumble) and replaced it with paper towel, buying some new kritters crumble tomorrow...I removed CT my sick gecko and put her in a separate click-click type enclosure on paper towels, with hide and water bowl. I'm going to try to take her to the vets as soon as I can.

Thanks all u guys...hope she'll get better soon :)

im pretty sure they are calcium deposits but double check with a vet check up

Calcium stores only occur in the neck area.

These look like some sort oF parasite I seen them in other geckos before best to get it checked by vet that can remove them and give her some stuff to stop them from growing

Yes I think they are.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were originally wild caught specimens, given they do not require a licence to keep (or sell) and they are endemic to OPs location.

I removed her yesterday, but tonight she seems very lethargic...I don't know if its got to do with the lumps around her boy but there seems to be a few more spots inside around her tummy area.

Oh no! I hope she makes it through the night :( Best get her into the vet as early as possible! I hope she feels better soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back