Phobias

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With everything that affects me I certainly don't laugh at or judge others.

i have a few:
fear of heights, elevators, driving alone,driving thru tunnels, I fear dying on my own,living on my own. And the list goes on.

I've suffered from anxiety and depression + panic attacks for 29 years. It's been a fun life.

I am in exactly the same boat as you - I was diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder 12 years ago. Apart from confined spaces, I hate getting stuck in traffic, not having a bottle of water with me wherever I go, tunnels, the list goes on. But the only way to remove fear is to face it. I am working on a program from NZ that is AMAZING. I have made so much progress. You can PM me if you are interested. You can recover from anxiety.

I can't walk over drain's or them thing's after I saw someone fall in one once it just collapsed as he stood on it. When I walk through the city at peak hour sometimes and you can't really move to the side I always wait for people to cross them then I jump over them if I don't think I'll make the step. Everyone just stares at me and my girlfriend loves walking with me she always tries to push me on them while we walk -.-

heights which is a pretty normal phobia... sinking in deep mud and drowning/suffocating which is not so normal... and I cant walk over any type of grate or covering that is set in the ground knowing that there is no ground underneath which I guess is most irrational of all mine..

Hahahaha I know a girl with the same fear of drains and the grates covering them. Then she injured her leg and sprained her wrist *facepalm I kmow* and was in a wheelchair so some friends and myself had to drive her and intentionally parked her right on top of a drain and left her there in public. hahahah it was hilarious. She couldn't control her fear and was just yelling for us. Hahahah.

I've seen someone fall through one of those drain grates and take a ~1 1/2inch cube of flesh/bone out of their shin a long time ago, been a bit wary of walking directly in the middle of them ever since.

WOW OUCH!

This fear is more common than I thought, glad I'm not the only one :p

Planes, birds, spiders, clowns, dolls, the ocean and people i dont know touching me

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I get alot of people grab me as i walk passed to look at my tattoos i find it terrifying and prettz rude too

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I have a fear of people I don't know in general :/

And for the record, I jump on those drains! It's fun ^.^

I've been to Jenolan Caves, it certainly isn't for the claustrophobic! Some parts of the caves can only be travelled through by sliding on your stomach through a hole, underneath 600 meters of solid rock...

That is beautiful. Any chance you want to show off more of them? :)

Your hubby and I could never be mates then, as I'm a knife collector, my other expensive hobby.

Send him round and ill give him a show and tell - and you can take my Misses to the butterfly house at Melbourne zoo! ;)

One of many-(pic dosent to it justice)

Sorry, it was meant to link to this! Haha

I HATE dolls. Especially the really old ones with human hair. Creeps me out!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is beautiful. Any chance you want to show off more of them? :)

Thanks! Yep, she's a beauty all right.
There two arnt quite as stunning, but pretty cute!
(At risk of going off topic here Miss_Kaos!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 109
I have a severe needle phobia, tend to pass out when getting needles. Which caused a few problems since im a vet in training, I've managed to get to a stage where i can comfortably give animals injections as long as I dont stuff it up, the more times I have to attempt an injection the more i panic.

Also have the totally weird fear of people poking my belly button, I have no idea why, but I never tell people because my lovely bf found out by accident recently and likes to torture me with it. Poking at me results in hysterical crying for ages while he laughs at me.

I have a severe needle phobia, tend to pass out when getting needles. Which caused a few problems since im a vet in training, I've managed to get to a stage where i can comfortably give animals injections as long as I dont stuff it up, the more times I have to attempt an injection the more i panic.

Same! Except I dont pass out, I wish I did though. I go nuts!
The last needle I had (A blood test) I lost it, I started screaming and crying I just wouldnt let the lady touch me and I ran out of the room screaming and starting running about the waiting room. The lady giving me the needle starting yelling at me and I remember her saying I am worse than her Autistic nephew, haha. I ran out into the street and just sat in the parking lot crying. That place refused to do my needle so a few weeks later my mum took me to another place. Same sort of thing happened and in the end (on our third visit) three people held a screaming me down while they did it.
Its crazy! I havent had any vaccinations since I was 5 because I just cant do needles. I dont know why though, I mean they dont hurt.

Also Tomatoes and cheese. I cant eat ANYTHING with them in it or I throw up. Its not the taste and I'm not allergic, I dont know. I just start gagging. Same as the smell or if I touch them. hahahah :)
And guinee pigs. Wow theyre scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back