basking globe help pls?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzalover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Guys whats a cheaper way of going with a basing globe? do I really need to pay $15 + ? when I could use a cheaper one, my issue is they don't last that longany help appreciated PIZZA

Guys whats a cheaper way of going with a basing globe? do I really need to pay $15 + ? when I could use a cheaper one, my issue is they don't last that longany help appreciated PIZZA

You can use cheaper globes purchased from places like bunnings or supermarkets instead of reptile branded types.

im looking for something for a Beardie , can I ue a basking globe instead of a fluro?

im looking for something for a Beardie , can I ue a basking globe instead of a fluro?
short answer = no

a beardie needs 10% UVB + AT LEAST 10% UVA from either CFB or UVB10 FLUORO TUBE + A SPORT LAMP to provide adequate UVA UVB and heat to digest their food, metabolise Calcium and promote a good apetite and activity
OR
an MVB.

Bearded dragons need UV, so you really need to provide UV light.

I use 100 & 120 watt flood lights from bunnings in conjunction with 10.0 UVA compact globes... It'll set you back $6 for two & give you some decent basking spots as well providing UVB...

yeah the pet shop has 5.0 uvb globes for $46 wth pfffffft

get a mercury vapour bulb, supplies UVA and UVB and they last for around 1-2 years. sure it's $40 odd but they last for so much longer and they are two in one.

i would rather pay $46 for a decent brand name light than $20 for a cheap Chinese light of dubious quality.

Brand names all the way, but these are also chinese rubbish.

Wanting to get a hold of a t5 arcadia tube, alot of uvb and a brand know for high quality.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back