This makes me sick, Lacie on gumtree.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I know we can't have links here, so I'll just put up a photo.

This guy is selling a pair of lacies on gumtree for $600 (bells phase & normal). I was shocked when I saw one of the photos.

ACEEAADC-BDF7-4936-8F3D-04A5490C6407-24197-0000230E0ACC96AD_zps6f6dab74.jpg

I couldn't believe how skinny it is and how it's setup. It takes a lot of neglect to get a lacie that skinny.

ouch poor thing looks so cramped, i don't know all that much on lizards but from what i normally see are they recommended to normally be kept in an enclosure which the length is at least 3-4 times the length of the lizard in length and 1.5-3 times the length of it in width or something? or would it depend on the lizard since bearded dragons and bluetongues often barely move and wouldn't exactly take advantage of a huge enclosure?

That's such a disgrace... There's no fat stores on him at all... His tail is drawn in and just looks wrong...

ouch poor thing looks so cramped, i don't know all that much on lizards but from what i normally see are they recommended to normally be kept in an enclosure which the length is at least 3-4 times the length of the lizard in length and 1.5-3 times the length of it in width or something? or would it depend on the lizard since bearded dragons and bluetongues often barely move and wouldn't exactly take advantage of a huge enclosure?
Bluetongues that barely move are generally bored out of there minds because of lack of stimulation. Bluetongues are very smart lizards and the more you give them to do the more they move so i would argue they need a large enclosure.

That is so sad. :( The poor thing. They should be GIVING this poor animal to someone who will get it the treatment and care it needs not trying to flog it off for a quick buck.

My 12 month old little guy is in a 6ftx3ft enclosure with heaps of hides, branches etc and is only 2 ft long total length, (most of thats tail)... I feel guilty that he's in an enclosure that size (even though I know he's well looked after and well stimulated).. Then you see a pic like that....

My stomach just dropped. That's animal cruelty. People that can lave an animal like this clearly are not all their.

Bluetongues that barely move are generally bored out of there minds because of lack of stimulation. Bluetongues are very smart lizards and the more you give them to do the more they move so i would argue they need a large enclosure.
i'll take ya word for it, i haven't seen all that many as pets and the only enclosure i got to see one in looked to be 100x50x50 or so which i guess might be considered as small, they seem so placid when handling though, like they just become ragdolls and don't bother trying to move

I'll agree with KaotikJezta, I let my two out and they are into everything and roaming everywhere. They don't like eachother inside one enclosure but absolutely love each other when out. I switch my bluey's enclosure every month with new thing's all rearranged. They love it!

OMG those SOB's that own that poor poor Lacie should be in turn starved into the same condition, it is a shame we have such socially acceptable punishments in this country, it makes my heart bleed and i feel sick in the stomach when i see such neglect, i am not a lizard lover as such but i can respect the beauty of a Lacie or any monitor actually, i get to interact with them in the wild here in Port and it is a humbling experience to be so close to such a regal animal which makes it so much more sickening to see 1 in that condition, "SHAME, SHAME, SHAME" as 1 of the greatest whistle blowers in OZ use to say. :( :( :( ....................................Ron

It seems to me that gumtree is just a place to get rid of unwanted and sickly animals. :(
The amount of times I have seen the words " our son lost interest" isn't funny :(

Last edited:
I've found the quality of buyers and sellers on Gumtree regarding reptiles is often of a low standard. Sadly its commonplace to see a snake or lizard that has become an eyesore in the house and long ago neglected thrown up for sale for the most unrealistic high prices, sometimes more than a pet shop with high profit margins! For this reason they often remain advertised for a long time and the animal's health deteriorates. Due to the convenience of access to local buyers I advertise on Gumtree but then I get endless, ill thought out emails containing often dumb questions to sort through before I find a polite, genuine buyer I'd actually consider selling a python to.
Hopefully the lacie in the pic has a better future ahead of it.

But it's not a Dog or a Cat so it doesn't matter. :/

He should not have a wildlife license ! and no normal person would disregard a site like this because it didn't have fur (that's not a dig at you hehe I know you were making a joke) eeeeeeerrrrgg I feel seriously sick... So angry at this person

Gahhh ! I don't have the space for a lacy (unless I dedicated a large room) which ain't happening .... But can someone on this forum please save it !!!!!!!!! Ah

Gahhh ! I don't have the space for a lacy (unless I dedicated a large room) which ain't happening .... But can someone on this forum please save it !!!!!!!!! Ah

I would, but I already have 3 lacies, one being problematic that takes most of my time. It wouldn't be a smart idea for me to take on this one aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back