Central bearded new enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the red light is a basking light and the white one is a uv?

Beardies bask in the full sun, they will benefit much more from a bright white light. And yea, make sure your other bulb is a uvb one. 10%. Also watch the substrate doesn't raise the humidity to much, I prefer sand. :) Otherwise looks good. :)

Cool. you can pick up 75watt lights from bunnies for really cheap. They will still provide a good basking spot but also give off some nice bright light. :)

Basking spot. The whole tank is bright from the uvb. My lizard is always laying under the red light, i doubt shell mind that its red and not white :) Plus she gets 30 minutes a day out side in the sunlight when its good weather. Any thing else you'd like to try an pick on ? :)

Sorry mate we're not trying to pick on you we are just offering some advice and the advice is that your little friend would do better with a white light instead of a red one. You have posted on a reptile forum, you don't have to listen to the advice of people here who have tons of experience and are only trying to help.. But it wouldn't hurt.

Its not you oOLaurenOo, you've help and complimented. dargonlover1, has only been trying to pick up on everything that I've done wrong, but the tank has been setup to suit the size of the enclosure and dragons age and size. Ive done all my research online, talk to many other herpers and gone to pet shops just to talk to the managers of the reptile section (joy from scales and tails was actual person who i bought my lights off). The tank is 2 ft long and has 10% uvb, a basking spot at 35'-37' set to a thermostat, getting sand tomorrow, she get 30 minutes of natural sunlight a day and is feeding on crickets and fresh veggies daily. I just wanted to show her new setup enclosure, yes you may be just trying to give advice which i appreciate. But trying to tell me my basking light has to be white/clear like the sun when there is a uvb less then 20 cms away giving off more then enough light, I doubt my little girl will mind, for all we know she might like it haha.

Its not you oOLaurenOo, you've help and complimented. dargonlover1, has only been trying to pick up on everything that I've done wrong, but the tank has been setup to suit the size of the enclosure and dragons age and size. Ive done all my research online, talk to many other herpers and gone to pet shops just to talk to the managers of the reptile section (joy from scales and tails was actual person who i bought my lights off). The tank is 2 ft long and has 10% uvb, a basking spot at 35'-37' set to a thermostat, getting sand tomorrow, she get 30 minutes of natural sunlight a day and is feeding on crickets and fresh veggies daily. I just wanted to show her new setup enclosure, yes you may be just trying to give advice which i appreciate. But trying to tell me my basking light has to be white/clear like the sun when there is a uvb less then 20 cms away giving off more then enough light, I doubt my little girl will mind, for all we know she might like it haha.

Why such a low basking temp? My littles ones love around 45c, adults are around 38-40c.

Rick

The red light is for night thats why you need a white light even if you have a uvb

Basking spot. The whole tank is bright from the uvb. My lizard is always laying under the red light, i doubt shell mind that its red and not white :) Plus she gets 30 minutes a day out side in the sunlight when its good weather. Any thing else you'd like to try an pick on ? :)

They are not picking on you mate, just trying to offer ideas which will only benifit your dragon. Sand is cheap as at bunnings and while you are there pick up some phillips flood lights of different wattages and do it right.

I seriously doubt that someone of Joys background would have recommended and sold you red light over bright white basking light, I think you are just covering up the fact that you do not like being offered correct methods of housing your little one. They do not bask under a "red" sun in the wild. Do your dragon a favour and listen to experienced keepers who are only trying to help, or be it on your head when things start going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back