Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borntobnude

eclipse9.jpg
It may just be me ,,But Really ????? This boy looks like he has had the life bred out of him not dragon like at all

^ is that a leatherback or italian red leatherback?

I am completely against morph breeding. It's a disgusting act. I don't care who gets upset at this opinion.

the beginning of a chernoble monster aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahgh disgust there arnt even any devil spines left of im ;,,(

There are "silk backs" in oz now too......
Not sure if the breeder has had any success with them since though.

I am completely against morph breeding. It's a disgusting act. I don't care who gets upset at this opinion.
What is it about morph breeding that you don't like? And what do you exactly mean by morph breeding?

What is it about morph breeding that you don't like?

I'm not an expert on it but from everything I've read and seen it's not something I want to support or ever be apart of. I am against the forced alteration. The inbreeding and diluting. I'm a purist and prefer the original look. These people are turning reptiles into designer items. Disgraceful.

I'm not an expert on it but from everything I've read and seen it's not something I want to support or ever be apart of. I am against the forced alteration. The inbreeding and diluting. I'm a purist and prefer the original look.
I think with everything there is a good way and a bad way to go about it. I think a bit of inbreeding is ok but think when it gets to the extent that animals suffer that it is going too far.

Not me. I am totally against it. Call me extreme but turning reptiles into designer items is WRONG.

It's an inescapable part of human ownership and future domestication.

I don't have a problem with it in moderation as long as the animals don't suffer. It has produced some really snakes and I believe my pinstripe BHP has come from line breeding.

So you condone it? Or dislike it but know it is inevitable?

I like some morphs and dislike others, either way as soon as humans breed animals it's bound to occur. Even those who are against morphs are still selecting for traits when they pair there animals up, whether they are doing it consciously or not.

It's been done with EVERY type of domesticated animal in existence, if you've ever owned ANY kind of other domestic animal the above statement is bigoted to the nth. Just sayin...

It's been done with EVERY type of domesticated animal in existence, if you've ever owned ANY kind of other domestic animal the above statement is bigoted to the nth. Just sayin...

Whatever. I'm a bigot then. But for the record I only own healthy, un-abused reptiles.

Whatever. I'm a bigot then. But for the record I only own healthy, un-abused reptiles.

So by your definition anyone who owns a hypo, albino, caramel, striped or whatever other colour morph is an animal abuser with unhealthy animals?

Think before you type, and be a bit more rational and educated.

So by your definition anyone who owns a hypo, albino, caramel, striped or whatever other colour morph is an animal abuser with unhealthy animals?

Think before you type, and be a bit more rational and educated.

I've stated my opinion. You may continue to try and demean me for it but I wont change my mind. That Beardy definitely does NOT look healthy. Or even remotely like a Beardy anymore. And it was done in a country where they aren't even native. Obviously albinos occur in nature, that is totally fine but to force drastic changes? Wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind inbreeding, etc. of reptiles but not until it gets out of hand, once or twice but that would be it for me.. The rest would be from different breeders.
That is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back