Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't turn a difference of opinion into a public feud or infractions will be issued. .
Everyone is entitled to an opinion there is no need for name calling

I don't mind inbreeding, etc. of reptiles but not until it gets out of hand, once or twice but that would be it for me.. The rest would be from different breeders.
That is just my opinion.
I think that the responsible breeders inbreed and then out cross to strengthen the line, well that is how I think they do it anyway.

What is wrong about it exactly?

I'm done arguing. If I have to explain how inbreeding is bad then I'm in the wrong thread. They are creating weaker animals, diluting the species and making them look completely different to the natural, normal form. How is that NOT bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done arguing. If I have to explain how inbreeding is bad then I'm in the wrong thread. They are creating weaker animals, diluting the species and making them look completely different to the natural, normal form. How is that NOT bad?
I admire your passion, but how does the captive beardy population in the USA have any impact or relevance to wild beardies in Australia?

I've stated my opinion. You may continue to try and demean me for it but I wont change my mind. That Beardy definitely does NOT look healthy. Or even remotely like a Beardy anymore. And it was done in a country where they aren't even native.

Not trying to demean you, just requesting that you use a bit of intelligence.
That beardie looks to be in perfect health, has good body size and condition, clear eyes and appears to be alert to its surroundings. It simply has a different colour and no spines.
Have you seen this particular animal in real life? Have you spoken to it's owner? Do you know it's specific lieage or genetics? Have you any specific information to tell you it's an unhealthy animal? No.
So don't throw around accusations at other herpers and breeders that are entirely unfounded based on your own biased opinion.
That is all I ask...

What does being being native to the country have anything to do with it? All other domestic animals are bred outside of their native lands...

I admire your passion, but how does the captive beardy population in the USA have any impact or relevance to wild beardies in Australia?

I don't agree with importing and exporting native animals. I must be a hippie freak though. I'm tired of trying to defend myself.

I don't agree with importing and exporting native animals. I must be a hippie freak though. I'm tired of trying to defend myself.

There was no need to defend yourself, I only asked a question. I'm against importing and exporting native animals as well.... But what relevance it has to this thread I have no clue.

Most of the US populations of Australian natives were either imported before the 1974 wildlife conservation act or occasionally have been illegaly smuggled over since.
It's the reason the gene pool is smaller and genetic morphs pop up there more often than here...

What is wrong about it exactly?
Agreed. So sick of people thinking reptiles are like mammals. Inbreeding occurs a lot in wild populations and has zero effect. Likewise captive reptiles can be inbred for generations without problems. I really wish some users would read and study more before posting non factual statements.

What is it about morph breeding that you don't like? And what do you exactly mean by morph breeding?

anything that isn't natural I consider morph's sure there are some wild animal's with these trait's but that's for nature to decide not us. The keeping of Australian fauna is a privilege as is so making these human creation's should be illegal whatever state you live in you can consider reptile keeping a form of conservation but why go as far as changing the species we already have it's against nature plus some people would die for our native animals literally so why don't we put as much effort into conserving what we have rather then making something breathtaking look around the natural beauty is astounding here take a minute to breath it all in and I guarantee you, that you will be at peace...

There was no need to defend yourself, I only asked a question. I'm against importing and exporting native animals as well.... But what relevance it has to this thread I have no clue.

Oh Andy asked me what this American owned Beardy had to do with Australia's population of wilds.

I agree with almost everything you've said B_STATS, however,they're potentially creating weaker offspring if they breed weaker pairings, but they're not diluting anything, they're actually concentrating the bloodlines by inbreeding, therefore potentially causing genetic mutations and defects to rise to the top, can look nice but can also have major health issues, which is why I feel that only the breeders with more understanding of genetics should be breeding animals.... I don't agree with it when It compromises the health and well being of the animals but unfortunately, captive bred animals will only breed with what they're given. I wouldn't breed with a relative of mine, I'm also not being kept in a box and only given the choice of shaggin' a relative... My opinion only...

anything that isn't natural I consider morph's sure there are some wild animal's with these trait's but that's for nature to decide not us. The keeping of Australian fauna is a privilege as is so making these human creation's should be illegal whatever state you live in you can consider reptile keeping a form of conservation but why go as far as changing the species we already have it's against nature plus some people would die for our native animals literally so why don't we put as much effort into conserving what we have rather then making something breathtaking look around the natural beauty is astounding here take a minute to breath it all in and I guarantee you, that you will be at peace...

I like this. Keeping Reptiles IS a privilege you're right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back