Have been told its a yearling jungle Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say it is a Carpet Python.

Haha yes, i think we can all agree that it is a carpet python. But more specifically i would say jungle. It can be hard to tell as hatchlings when they are this coloration but the pattern seems more jungle than coastal. The best way to tell would be to see the parents imo

Haha yes, i think we can all agree that it is a carpet python. But more specifically i would say jungle. It can be hard to tell as hatchlings when they are this coloration but the pattern seems more jungle than coastal. The best way to tell would be to see the parents imo

might just do that as i do believe i would be able to see the parents if i asked :)

and thankyou so much to everyone for the help, you have been excellent, and i promise if the colours change i will post them :D

if it's already a yearling then i don't think you will see any more yellow colour change.

it looks like a coastal, did you get it on gumtree ?

the pattern reminds me off my cape york coastal but duller, what ever it is as long as you like her who cares what she is. also be carefull if you feed her in that tank as she could swallow those wood chips and it could cause impaction and kill her.

the pattern reminds me off my cape york coastal but duller, what ever it is as long as you like her who cares what she is. also be carefull if you feed her in that tank as she could swallow those wood chips and it could cause impaction and kill her.

Strange you should say that. When I saw the first photo I thought cape york carpet.

OP if you could see the parents it might give you a better idea.

If it was sold as jungle it prob is jungle. Looks Julatten to me. They usually don't get very yellow

hnn17 i didnt get it on gumtree, got it from a local breeder who i just happened to be lucky enough to see their ad

Saintanger- nah i take her out and feed her in a seperate feeding container, which has no bedding, then wait a little and put her back in her habbitat

Redfox, am going to try and have a look at the parents but dont want to come across rude lol

definitely not a julatten jungle, those are more whiter, the white on julattens is very clean like snow white.

definitely not a julatten jungle, those are more whiter, the white on julattens is very clean like snow white.

all snakes can have differing colours and cleanliness, that doesnt not mean it isnt what it is!

Lets keep it civilized please. Lots of opinions out there to be shared without getting nasty

Lets keep it civilized please. Lots of opinions out there to be shared without getting nasty

Lol first time on here in year and its still the same :)

Looks nice, i can see where people are coming from with it being a coastal, that was my first thought but your second picture show more jungle then the first, but id say with time it may be easier to tell.

If you dont care what it is and just want a title when u introduce her. Just choose what u want it to be haha

I would think it to be a jungle, its got standard jungle markings and the colour may or may not get brighter. It could well he a coastal x jungle but i would be happy to call it a Jungle Carpet Python.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back