Killer snake came through vents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully once they release full results we'll know more. But I agree, it sounds suss. The snake owner could have easily killed them and asphyxiation could have been the same result.

First and foremost we shouldn't lose site that the tragedy here is that two kids lost there lives. I agree with ubermensch that cause of death could easily have come from the owner.

The second sad fact here is that this story is obviously popular by its rating on things like MSN where it is constantly a top three story for the last few days. Unfortunately this is all ammunition for those whom don't understand and see snakes as bad. The average joe cant differentiate between a Rock python and any other type of python or snake for that matter, all they are reading is "Snake/bad/kill/kids". The whole thing stinks from many different levels.

This same thing is happening with the child attacked by the bull mastiff cross, straight away words like these "breeds and others like them should not be permitted in the country". Its all very sad just when you think we have left the dark ages....... people are still reaching for there torches and pitch forks.

the bite marks are redundant, he says he has countless animals there... The bites could have been from the day before from any animal..

The owner has a previous criminal record of violence. ( as in one of the previous links)

The bloke talking also hasn't been there yet and is only talking from speculation and accounts from people he has spoken to.

This all seems a bit suss to me.. perfect timing to stop the large snake laws..

Wouldn't be too hard to get a snake to bite the bodies of two deceased victims after they had been asphyxiated by a pillow (or similar). All too convenient and is relying fully on the naivety of the general public. I'll be blown away if the snake actually did this.

The snake was kept upstairs where the kids were staying, not down in the pet store. Sadly the fools have destroyed the python. After all, the snake had turned murderer and would have gone on a rampage....:(

I agree with an earlier comment on this or the other thread that it doesn't matter if its a pet snake or pet dog that has killed a child/person it needs to be uthenaised. Not that I believe the snake has actually done this as yet. But just because we are reptile lovers on a reptile forum doesn't mean we should loose sight of things. It's a tragedy all around, but at the end of the day two young children are dead, bugger the snakes, dogs, giraffes, unicorns or leprechauns. Lets just hope that we find out the real answers soon enough, one way or the other it's a sad story. The media is as much to blame for turning this as most other things into a circus. Disgusting.

I agree with an earlier comment on this or the other thread that it doesn't matter if its a pet snake or pet dog that has killed a child/person it needs to be uthenaised. Not that I believe the snake has actually done this as yet. But just because we are reptile lovers on a reptile forum doesn't mean we should loose sight of things. It's a tragedy all around, but at the end of the day two young children are dead, bugger the snakes, dogs, giraffes, unicorns or leprechauns. Lets just hope that we find out the real answers soon enough, one way or the other it's a sad story. The media is as much to blame for turning this as most other things into a circus. Disgusting.

I agree with your sentiments on this Burnerism. What rubbed me the wrong way (one of many things) was kill snake THEN find out what killed the kids. "IF" it was the snake (and Im not saying its not)then a resounding YES to having it euthanized.

Ps. If its proven that the store owner did it I expect the same treatment for him that the snake got :twisted:

I agree with an earlier comment on this or the other thread that it doesn't matter if its a pet snake or pet dog that has killed a child/person it needs to be uthenaised.

Ironically I think the same thing should be done with murderers and in some cases, rapists ;)

Why do animals draw the lucky card when it comes to something like this?

So the man could murder the boys and fool several forensic investigators into blaming a snake. Nup.

Maybe he used the snake to kill the boys, rather than doing it himself then blaming the snake.

The problem with this story is the sequence of events. There is no single aspect that is impossible, its just that as you combine each event into a sequence it becomes less and less probable as an accident:

Snake escapes -careless, rare, unlucky
Makes it way to kids room through air conditioning - unlucky
Kids smell like livestock (allegedly)?? What are the odds?
Snake removes air conditioning vent? That was fortunate.
Kills not one, but two kids both old enough to cry, scream etc and nothing is heard. Even rats often get a squeak out or a defensive bite. No animal under attack is instantly motionless. Especially two under attack.

The stars really lined up nicely for this snake to do what it supposedly did. I don't suggest for a minute that I know what happened. But the information here is a story of a snake winning a lottery several times in a row. Doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad for the boys and their poor Mum/family would be heartbroken...I had wondered why the snake owners son didn't wake up or get attacked?
Surely if they'd been playing with goats or snakes that day, they would have had a bath/shower. And the owner of the snake seemed way too cool and composed when I saw him speak.
If it was my fault that 2 kids were dead because of my animal, I'd be a complete mess.

Hope they get the truth about what happened, and RIP two innocent little boys. :(

Falling through the ceiling. Would there not be an almighty crash? He must deeeeep sleep.

Maybe he used the snake to kill the boys, rather than doing it himself then blaming the snake.

So you've argued the improbability that the snake alone killed the boys, then here you propose the guy got the snake to do what it couldn't have done itself..

So you've argued the improbability that the snake alone killed the boys, then here you propose the guy got the snake to do what it couldn't have done itself..

I argued the improbability of a snake escaping, seeking them out in a specific room, and killing them without attempting to eat and without a fight or sound occurring. I don't argue (and never argued in my previous post) the possibility of a 50 kg python physically being able to kill a kid if someone wraps it around them or puts it in the room with them while they sleep. A snake that size could kill me (an adult) if it wrapped around my chest or neck.

Last edited:
I don't feel the snake should have been put down. Nothing more than the human desire for revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back